Author Topic: Any Mapleshade users here?  (Read 3666 times)

Offline mca

• Certifiable
Any Mapleshade users here?
« on: May 20, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »
I have always been intrigued by Mapleshade's stuff. Some very burly stands and brass footers for sure   :shock:

If I had the dough, this would be my next equipment rack:

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/audioproducts/samson3.php

I'd also love to try a pair of their speaker stands: (Not a good choice for those of us with dog's though)

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/audioproducts/gilbraltars.php

One you get into their cables, things get a little weird. Not sure I would be comfortable using their power cord or power strip.

http://www.mapleshaderecords.com/audioproducts/gilbraltars.php
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

WEEZ

Any Mapleshade users here?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 03:18:29 PM »
Their Isoblocks work fine under platforms (their's, or others). Especially for turntables.  :)

I draw the line at wires inside of plastic bags, though  :|  

WEEZ

Joker

Re: Any Mapleshade users here?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:53:01 AM »
I don't have any of their accesories but love their cd's!

jrebman

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:19:25 PM »
Mike,

Yes, but only the iso blocks, triplepoints, surefeet, threaded footers, and the smallest 2 shelf rack, and they have all done great things for the components I used them with.

My Signature 70s are sitting on three SureFeet (2 in the front corners under the batteries and one in the center rear under the circuit board) which in turn are sitting on a pair of 12" x 15" x 2 timbernation Tiger Maple board that are resting on isoblocks on my bamboo floor, and it really made a significant improvement to the amps -- smoother, warmer and better tonal balance.

I also had my Omega Revolutions on triplepoints on a 4" timbernation block with 4 heavy carpet piercing heavyfeet sitting on my carpeted concrete basement floor and that alone was like getting a brand new pair of speakers.

I will be getting a 3 shelf V.3 rack like you mentioned for my new setup because I know they are solid and sonically very beneficial -- from my experiences so far.  This little 24" high 2 shelf V.1 rack could easily work as a jackstand for the rear axle of a cement truck -- ok, maybe slightly exaggerated, but once setup and tightened, this thing just doesn't budge or rattle even the slightest bit.

I ended up selling the 4" blocks and heavyfeet to ZLS for his new Omega hemp bipole XRSs and he said they made a substantial improvement (using myrtlewood blocks to support the speakers.)

I've never tried the ICs, SCs, or power cords and outlet strips, and most likely won't -- mostly because I'm happy with the choices I have and their physical construction seems just a bit too flimsy and awkward to work with.

HTH,

Jim

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »
I use the Mapleshade power cord [ active] as well as the active speaker cables. Expensive yes. For me in my system ther is nothing I've tried that outperforms these devices. The Isoblocks are very effective as well. My highest recco. Are they " the best ". Nothing is the best, just synergistic to your system IMO.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.