Author Topic: anyone content?  (Read 23444 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: anyone content?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 06:00:20 AM »
I have gotten to the point where I'm completely content in this hobby.  But it was temporary.  ;)  I'm sure I'll be content again.  :lol:

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2008, 06:11:07 AM »
Well, part of my contentment is that I'm in the beginning stages of building a second system.  So, maybe I'm NOT so content  :roll:

The system I have downstairs has to do double duty for HT and music so there are some limitations.  As it is, when I go to HT, I turn off the amps, swap interconnects from my preamp to my processor, and am ready to go.  It's basically 2 different systems that share amps and speakers.  The one on the main floor will be purely for music.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2008, 07:21:56 AM »
I'm about to sell the system that I was once content with. So now I am discontent again. I like it better that way. Satisfaction is relative and highly overrated. As the newage psychobabblers say, "It's the journey that matters, not the destination."

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
I WAS content with my main 'audio' system...for several years.

Then this past fall I picked up a pair of Piega C8 LTD's...because I hated to pass up a good deal...my wallet says "ouch"...and the move produced a further improvement in quality of sound...with better detail, focus, and soundstage, etc.

A couple of months ago...that very devious and tempter of audiophiles...Home Theatre Doctor...sent an email describing a last minute offer to save $$$ on some JPS cables. SO...again I 'saved' myself lots of $$$ by buying a set of Superconductor 3 speaker cables...with excellent results (after some break-in).

Recently, my Linn Ikemi had a brief flakey hiccup...so I thought maybe it was about to take a dive. That started me looking for a new CD player...I wound up scoring a little used Raysonic CD-168.

Well...while waiting for the Raysonic to arrive...I was (finally) cleaning out one of my bedrooms, and I re-discovered a couple of Butler 2250's that I had sitting in there. I thought...what the heck...I hadn't listened to anything but my ARC VT100mkIII, for several years. So, I decided to swap in the Butler to see how things would sound. Lo and behold...coupled with the ARC REF1, JPS SC3's, and Piega's...a match to sink back...relax, and just listen to music.

Now, arrives the Raysonic and coupled with everything above...just more audio 'goodness'  :drool:!

Lastly, I'm adding a pair of ACI Titan XL subwoofers...because I saved so much $$$.  :duh MAN!!! I'm saving myself into the poor house  :rofl:!!!

I WAS content before...however now I AM even more content...again...both aurally and financially. I don't see myself making upgrades for a long time to come. Also, I've pretty much run out of room...in the house and in all of my storage places...to put any more equipment  :roll:.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Bill O'Connell

• http://www.morningstaraudio.com
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »
I believe I'm done? I know Alex Yeung is working on our phonostage with new step up trannies and some better parts inside using the same chasis but after that I'm done. Everything is sounding about as good as I can make it . The room treatments work fine but would love to try some diffusors on the ceiling but placed critically and that would cause the WAF not to be in effect so,she definetly thinks I'm done.Am I in reality,probably NOT!! :rofl:
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

opnly bafld

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2008, 11:05:58 AM »
Does being out of $ to spend count?  :-k

Lin

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »

Lin

No, it's motivation to make more. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline stereofool

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2008, 06:03:15 PM »

Lin

No, it's motivation to make more. ;)

Unfortunately...motivation and opportunity don't always coincide  :(!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

lonewolfny42

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 08:06:24 PM »
I'm always content.... I just like to experiment.... :drool:

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
Content to me means nothing more then the waiting time while something new is on route on to fool around with!  :rofl: