Author Topic: anyone content?  (Read 23419 times)

rosconey

anyone content?
« on: May 19, 2007, 06:55:09 AM »
i havent been here and only a few times a week at the odyssey forum at ac becuase im pretty much content-

i have no urge to seek out the latest and greatest anymore-i am getting some monos upgraded ,not because i lusted for it but i had to send one in for service and figured i would get the other looked over-klaus offered to do a se on them so i took him up on it-

thats the only thing ive done in quite a while-since my candela last year-

dont know if i figured out that its about the music and not the quest-or just too cheap to keep up with the quest-

shep

anyone content?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:15:49 AM »
Do you really want us to leave you alone?

lonewolfny42

anyone content?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 12:26:49 AM »
Rosco....
Since you are content....time to get your garden growing, and relax at night with some good tunes. Enjoy...... 8)

Chris

opnly bafld

anyone content?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »
I am content when I just listen to all my stuff, but when I read about equipment or see good deals on the forums I get an itch to try something new.   :cry:  :roll:

Lin

lonewolfny42

anyone content?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »
Quote from: "opnly bafld"
I am content when I just listen to all my stuff, but when I read about equipment or see good deals on the forums I get an itch to try something new.   :cry:  :roll:

Lin
Lin....try this...it will stop the itch....instantly... :lol:

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
anyone content?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:31:41 PM »
I had been content...for several years...then I was in the presence of several local AN'ers and now I am in the process of getting some Grover Huffman IC's and Black Sand PC's, to play with.

Maybe this will 'satisfy' the URGE(S)  :roll: !
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

shep

anyone content?
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 04:43:44 PM »
probably the only way I will be content is if I stop frequenting audio forums!
but since I enjoy them...I guess I will remain subject to fits of "gotta change something". Falling in love might do the trick as well...

opnly bafld

anyone content?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 07:11:01 PM »
Quote from: "lonewolfny42"
Quote from: "opnly bafld"

Lin
Lin....try this...it will stop the itch....instantly... :lol:

Lonewolf,
I tried to get some of that for Audiofools, but the pharmacy said they didn't carry it. :lol:

Lin

shep

anyone content?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »
I don't want to add a somber note with psycho-babble and personal issues
but sometimes I do question my sanity. Why am I never content? I have a lovely sounding system, in some ways the best I've ever had or heard and yet I'm always "needing" better, more, dif. Yuck Maybe the Grover cables will still the itch for a while! :shock:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
anyone content?
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 04:51:12 AM »
The more transparent the system gets the more aware of subtle flaws I become. I fix a problem then start to hear new ones that were previously hidden by the grosser problem. Now that I have realized this, continuing forward on this path is the insanity. Pass the lanacane, please... :lol:

shep

anyone content?
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »
Group buy for Lanacane?

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
anyone content?
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 05:26:38 PM »
I am pretty happy with my system at the moment,i really like my new HRAM Stage 3 + JD100A with the Tent Labs Clock. i have been using my Sonic Frontier's tube amp alot. a friend just sent me a pair of NOS Vintage 1955 CBS/Hytron JHY-5814WA in the original boxes to roll into my Preamp. these tubes really sound great in the Candela.life is Good....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

WEEZ

anyone content?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »
I'd say that I'm content for now, in my listening space. If and when the room changes (new house; new room) then maybe. And even then, probably will stay within the same family of components (model upgrades, etc.)

Synergy is good. 8)

WEEZ

Hantra

anyone content?
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »
Quote from: "richidoo"
The more transparent the system gets the more aware of subtle flaws I become. I fix a problem then start to hear new ones that were previously hidden by the grosser problem.

That sucks.  I can't say that I relate to that.  I've been through an awful lot of gear, and back in the day I posted 20 times a day on AC, but in the past 2 years since I've been content, I've probably been to audio forums a dozen times total.   :wink:  

It's not that I don't love you guys anymore.  I just can't tear away from the system long enough to worry about audio anymore.

I'm moving in a week.  Perhaps it will all start again.  Ohh the horror!

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
anyone content?
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 07:14:51 AM »
Quote from: "Hantra"
That sucks.  

I'm moving in a week.  Perhaps it will all start again.  Ohh the horror!

I like experimenting to find solutions, so I guess I'm getting what I ask for... It's all fun, and it is getting to sound pretty good. I hope I will be in your situation soon. But I will still try to annoy the forums with my stupid and pot stirring questions. hehe

I hope you're moving closer to triangle?
Rich