Author Topic: Today was Mozart's Birthday!  (Read 2155 times)

Bigfish8

Today was Mozart's Birthday!
« on: January 27, 2011, 02:45:04 PM »
I have become addicted to classical music and learned on the XM Symphony Channel that today was Mozart's Birthday.  XM is playing Mozart's music continuously today in celebration.

Ken

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: Today was Mozart's Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:47:11 PM »
Guys,
Check out the next Mozart... this video is a little long, but worth the watch...it's UNBELIEVABLE what this prodigy might accomplish!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7186319n&tag=mg;mostpopvideo

Enjoy,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:54:32 PM »
"A Little Night Music" is my fav Mozart. And Symphony 40. Other than that I find him pretty darn boring.  Before I got into classical music my brother gave me a CD called "Mozart for a Monday Morning." A bunch of random easy listening tracks for mood music.  Maybe that did irreparable damage to my Mozart appreciation. Figaro is pretty fun too, seen live.

We once went down to Sanford to hear the NC Symphony play 39, 40 and 41 all in one concert. Mercifully, a thunderstorm put out the power right soon after 41 started. It was funny to watch the orchestra try to keep going from memory. They did keep going for about a minute which was impressive, then one by one they dropped out until there were only a few left, and the conductor bagged it with a big laugh.

Anybody who is still famous a couple hundred years after dying young deserves a "Happy Birthday!"

Bigfish8

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »
"A Little Night Music" is my fav Mozart. And Symphony 40. Other than that I find him pretty darn boring. 

Rich:

I am glad to read your comment about Mozart's music being boring as that comment reflects my thoughts as I tried to listen several times today. 

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:16 PM »
I usually really like it played live (not counting the 3 symphonies in a row.) Seems to come to life with real instruments.