Author Topic: Tip of the hat to Jazz.FM92  (Read 2633 times)

Offline laserman

• Seeking Help
  • Ambiguous-Optimist
Tip of the hat to Jazz.FM92
« on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:18 PM »
Whenever I visit family in Toronto, I listen to this station.  For the past several weeks I have been listening via the web and love the way the station is programmed.  Sound quality is pretty good to.  So, for our northern friends and family a tip of the hat for keeping jazz vibrant.

LINK

Lou
A musically satisfying system is 50% the components and 50% you.  Until you have a handle on your own "inner sensibilities to sound and music," you are only dealing with half of the equation.

Isobarik

Re: Tip of the hat to Jazz.FM92
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:10:15 PM »
I live about 60 miles from Toronto. We take JazzFM for granted. It is a great station that promotes jazz in the city. They run off listener donations and organize tours of jazz clubs for donors. I have always wanted to check one out.  It is really is the only reason that I keep a tuner on my hi-fi (British for "Stereo" and I have Linn/Exposure gear).

They are purists in programming and never play "smooth jazz", "light jazz" or the theme from Rocky.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 05:20:15 PM »
Just took a look at their playlist for today. This one's a keeper. You gatta love internet radio. I just hope the IT trolls at work haven't found out about it and blocked the URL.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 08:25:33 AM »
 Thanks. As Tom said its a keeper. In NYC we listen to WBGO FM 88.3 from Newark NJ.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
Don't forget WKCR!!  :D