Author Topic: Review/Dealer Ad: Quantum AC filter gets rid of electrical noise  (Read 26701 times)

Black Sand Cable

Re: Review/Dealer Ad: Quantum AC filter gets rid of electrical noise
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »
....regeneration  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Would you give me technical reasons for the laughs.  I am curious.  I want to know if regeneration isolates the downstream gears from the wall socket or the rest of the house electricity still affects the sound from the gear playing off the regenerated power.  AC/DC/AC sounds like it should work fine as an isolation method...

Regenerated power works just fine. I'm not sure what was up with laughs myself as I'm not a fan of slamming or mocking other peoples products especially when it hasn't been proven that the product in question is clearly superior to what is being mocked. I have a few PS Audio Premier's in use and they work just fine. I prefer the balanced power option myself but I have no problems using or recommending a Premier when need be. Regenerated power however has it's limitations. The one major problem is current limiting on larger systems. If somebody is going to run with this option you have to do the math ahead of time on the requirements of your own system.

PS Audio has a fairly detailed account of what they are trying to achieve on their site. If your curious as to what it is they are trying to accomplish, it might be a good read.

http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/description/power-plant-premier?cat=power

Yes I'm a PS Audio dealer so it shouldn't come as a surprise that I defend them but I also sell APC, Equi=Tech, Furman and Panamax. All of which have their respective plus and minuses depending on the application.

AlanMaher

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 02:27:11 AM »
No....regeneration does not isolate the system.  Regeneration reconfigures the sine wave.  Our PE/Quantum filter series does the same exact thing without the need for ac/dc/ac conversion. 

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 05:23:24 AM »
No....regeneration does not isolate the system.  Regeneration reconfigures the sine wave.  Our PE/Quantum filter series does the same exact thing without the need for ac/dc/ac conversion. 

How do you change the amplitude of the waves with filters?  I know I get different voltage at different times of the day. 
I am a nut.

AlanMaher

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 05:58:24 AM »
Simple; control the harmonics.

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 06:33:13 AM »
Simple; control the harmonics.

You are not exactly doing the best to convince me to buy your product.  Can you explain the simple thing in even a simpler way to this very stupid person who could be your customer.
I am a nut.

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »
OK,

I seem to have gotten off on a wrong foot with Alan here.  Let's get on track here.  I have a specific situation and wanted some answers.  The answer may be buried in the long AC thread but I don't want to dig through it. 

I use an APS Purepower 2000 regenerator.  I am quite happy with it but recently I ran into a ground loop hum issue.  I thought a regenerator would be immune to it but it apparently is not.  I solved the situation by going to balanced interconnects, but I know there is a potential difference somewhere on my power distribution.  I am trying to see if any of your filters can be used in conjunction with a regenerator to combat this issue.

For me to buy something to try, I have to be convinced that the methodology is credible to me.  So far, I am still trying to understand....

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:37:25 AM by Woodsyi »
I am a nut.