Author Topic: Review/Dealer Ad: Quantum AC filter gets rid of electrical noise  (Read 26705 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Quantum AC filter gets rid of electrical noise
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 06:14:33 AM »
 I can onlly wonder what the PE can do. Are these devices cumulative ? Right now the Infinity is attached to the dedicated circuit at the outlet. Not even at its best recommended location and still to great affect. Will two devices work better ? Or more ?
  Day 10 is tonight. but I'll wait to day 11 to write again. Can't wait as the NERVOSA is alive again, its like replacing a component for goodness sake. BUY SOME.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Phil

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »
Charles,

I continue to be surprised by the Quantum filter and I'll try the infinity stuff soon.    I'm wondering if you use a PLC or if this is the only conditioning you use (I'm sure you have tried plenty).

Allan,

Is the PE VI specifically designed for amps and how does this design differ from your other PE?

Phil
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:21:19 AM by Phil »

AlanMaher

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 12:54:29 PM »
Charles,

The PE is a good toe dipping product if you are interested in a first time purchase.  If you are looking for serious filtering options then I would recommend the PE V Pro, PE VI, or Quantum.

Phil,

The VI is right up there in the same league as the V and Quantum filters.  I use the VI for extracting the absolute last bit of detail a component/system has to offer.  The VI can be used with digital, analog, and video....I have 3 in my set up....one is used in concert with the Q LE on the primary side (Quantum at the wall and VI designed as a IEC filter)....plus I have 2 other V LE on the same circuit (mid and end)...another VI is used to filter the entire secondary (AC model) and a third is installed on the LCD TV (IEC version). 

Compared to the V Pro...the VI digs deeper into the recording and pulls out the last bit of detail....after the VI sets up you as the listener will be able to tell me the guitar string manufacture and type/model...that is the kind of detail the VI delivers...those other guys can't say that, not at these prices.  Compared to the Quantum, which is a more organic filter, the VI is less warm and more exacting without any hint of brightness, but it is brutally honest in its reproduction.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 12:57:59 PM by AlanMaher »

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Review/Dealer Ad: Quantum AC filter gets rid of electrical noise
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
FYI, I renamed this thread w/ 'Review/Dealer Ad' at the beginning so people will know what to expect when they read it.  I don't discourage anyone from drumming up business but I do like to see it called what it is.
Thanks,
Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »
Day 11. The saga continues. I,m hearing details like never before. Not bright yet illuminated. Alive may be a better term. On live recordings the air is alive. Decay of notes are sustained even longer than before. The top is sweet.
  However not all perfect. As stated the top is ready. The midrange and bass are still not up to snuff. Possibly still changing. After day 7 the magic began with the soundstage opening up. A bit mechanical and contrived. The mids were Hi Fi sounding. After day 10 I thought the break in was complete. WRONG.
  This device appears to attack one part of the frequency range at a time. I know this sounds silly but this is what I have experienced so far. Day 11 the midrange is opening up. For example on Sonny rollins " Plus three" CD his manipulation of his throat was evident for the first time. However the air around the notes and the holographic imaging is now missing in action. As I said still changing.
  Day 17 will be the final day of break in so until then. Happy listening to all.

No affiliation with A. Maher designs. Selected as Beta tester

charles
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:13:08 AM by rollo »
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »
Has anyone tried Alan's Infinity speaker cable filters?  Given the 22' length of my JPS SC+ biwire cables, I'm wondering if & how these filters might affect the sonic presentation.

Any insight is appreciated!

AlanMaher

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 11:25:56 PM »
The I SC just started shipping July 1....it will be some time before comments are posted.  The average filter requires 7 to 10 days to break in.  With a 22' cable I would say 12 to 15 days due to the length.

Professionally I don't think I should be the one to interject, but I might be able to put you in contact with a few of my clients that had purchased and you guys can go back and forth?  Send me an email and I'll ask over the next couple of days.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 08:19:19 AM »
Alan, you've got my email now but I'm in no hurry.  Let those users break your Infinity SC filters in and hopefully some good, insightful reviews will come out of it.

Thanks!

AlanMaher

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
A little plug....Check out our artist of the month this month.  I did house sound for this show last night, I have listened to Monte for at least 15/16 years and his live sets always impress.  Check out the page, enjoy the video clips, and if you like and he's playing in your area go check him out.

http://alanmaherdesigns.com/DIY.aspx

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2009, 07:51:21 AM »
 Well boys 21 days in. In all my years of fooling with power conditioners never has one piece improved EVERY parameter in my system. There is now a feeling of added weight and clarity like NEVER before.
  I'm hearing detail that  I never heard before. Everything I described previously is now here in spades.
Dynamic, deeper and more articulate bass, holographic imaging, detailed yet sweet top with more air, longer more defined decay of notes. Best of all hearing deeper into the music as NEVER before..
   At $25 each IMO one of the best devices to grace our hobby. BUY SOME!!!!!
Makes me wonder what the other products do.

charles 

AlanMaher

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 08:02:50 AM »
Cool...not bad for taping the filter over the open receptacle :?

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »

...Makes me wonder what the other products do.

Well, I'm hoping I'll be able to weigh in on that question.  After a good bit of email exchange with Alan, I've decided to give his latest Quantum Studio a try... likely be a couple more weeks before I see it, and a few more after that before it gets house-broken.  Stay tuned.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 08:41:35 AM »
In all my years of fooling with power conditioners never has one piece improved EVERY parameter in my system.
charles 

That is one heck of a bold statement! What other power conditioners have you tried and which of those have you directly compared to this gizmo you have now?

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 09:33:07 AM »
Well I have an extra piece of ERS paper lying around unused, so I taped it inside my circuit breaker panel over the audio fuses and the main breaker fuse. Guess what? The lights dimmed, the clouds parted and a solitary beam of heavenly light chose to align itself with my audio rig. It was miraculous. An epiphany. Then the dog started barking, the light dimmed and it started to rain again.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

But seriously, I had it lying around and I used it per Alan's instructions. The sound of my rig changes every time I listen due to power fluctuations and the time of day. But what the heck, if it makes a subtle improvement that I can't readily detect at least it will be an improvement. I'm sure it won't hurt anything because the theory makes sense to me. I'm not sure I could remember the subtle differences from one day to the next anyway, let alone a 21 day period.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »
Anything with a lengthy breakin can make you question your ears (and sanity).   But... then removing it should reveal something, right?