Systemic Development > Speakers

Specs versus experience

<< < (3/4) > >>

Double Ugly:

--- Quote from: "miklorsmith" ---Well said!  I'd love to hear the Monads sometime.  I have a funny feeling they will be reknowned classics, as they are spoken of in hushed tones - a REAL tube amp, but with massive muscle.

And, I've heard nothing but good about the Timepieces with the caviat that proper amplification is an absolute must.

Hmmm . . .

Nice work.
--- End quote ---
Thanks, Mike.  If you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of being in Mississippi, look me up and we'll see about getting you that Monad audition.

--- Quote from: "WEEZ" ---Hi Jim,I agree with all you said...except.. :lol: ......

...bad recordings are gonna sound bad no matter what.

WEEZ
--- End quote ---
How ya doin', my friend?  Hope your father's still doing well.

While I am in general agreement with your point, I will say that the difference between how a "bad" recording sounds via the Daedalus DA-1s (great speakers in their own right) and the SP Technology Timepieces is startling.  IOW, there's bad, and then there's BAAAAAAAAAAD!  :wink:

BTW, I'm heading up to TN this weekend to see Dad (recently deemed terminal :() and engage the ex- in a little court action.  

All in all, a fun-filled 4 days I'm thinking.  :roll:

Take care, all.

-Jim

WEEZ:
Jim,

Sorry to hear about your dad :cry: .

As for mine...still in remission and doing well.

As for recordings...did you ever notice that some of the older rock stuff when played back on a high resolution system....every thing sounds splashy?...like only the tweeter is working? :shock:

Zip me an e-mail if you have time to stop in Cookeville...

opnly bafld:

--- Quote from: "WEEZ" ---
As for recordings...did you ever notice that some of the older rock stuff when played back on a high resolution system....every thing sounds splashy?...like only the tweeter is working? :shock:

--- End quote ---

That is one of the reasons I like having a sub (that I can choose to use or not) that is easily adjustable.
Most of the time this means having a separate remote controlled preamp just for the subwoofer.
Not exactly less is more, but I like it.

Lin :D

WEEZ:
Lin,

I've come to the conclusion that some recordings just have no bass. :?

I've been buying some older stuff on CD that I either used to have on LP and lost at a beer party years ago; or simply never bought at the time 'cause there was too much to choose from back then. :-({|=

I mean, some of these recordings really suck :-&

I try to listen past it though....

WEEZ

opnly bafld:

--- Quote from: "WEEZ" ---Lin,

I've come to the conclusion that some recordings just have no bass. :?

I've been buying some older stuff on CD that I either used to have on LP and lost at a beer party years ago; or simply never bought at the time 'cause there was too much to choose from back then. :-({|=

I mean, some of these recordings really suck :-&

I try to listen past it though....

WEEZ
--- End quote ---

I agree, maybe the albums were mixed using Yamaha NS10Ms? (the ones with the white cones and NO bass, not sure when they first appeared) and the engineers didn't even know there was supposed to be bass in the mix. :lol:

I guess the upside is you can use almost fullrange single driver speakers and not miss anything. :roll:

Lin :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version