Systemic Development > Speakers

Meet the Magnetar speaker

<< < (3/3)

HAL:

--- Quote from: Guy 13 on November 26, 2019, 07:04:59 PM ---Hi HAL.
Humm mmmm that's a different approach to O.B.
What is the blue grill made of ?
And, is it that one you want to replace ?
Is that something you will sell ?
Do you have any specs on them ?
Will you do some side by side comparations with whatever you have in your (Over crowded) place.
How can you get to your stuff with all those wire ?
So many question, hopefully they will be all answered ? ? ? ?

Guy 13

--- End quote ---

The blue material is RPG acoustic foam for walls or ceiling, just there to keep down reflections. 

I will post comparisons of responses.  Will see if friends want to stop by and do a comparison and give feedback.

I tip toe through the wires.

Will answer more questions once measurements on the production style baffle are complete.

HAL:
Got the 4 Rythmik Audio HX300-12OB servo amps running the two 6x12 OB H-Frame servo subs.  This is all driven from the dspMusikLCD 2x8 digital crossover system and MS-5 Music Server.

The planar drivers are running with 18" speaker cables from the Orchard Audio BOSC monoblock amps. 

Have the system gains very close and set of room measurements with MathAudio RoomEQ and REW to make sure everything is matched up gains.

Direct drive of the planars and servo subs is giving a very immediate sound with appropriate soundstage size depending on the recording.  It has a presence that I do not get with any passive crossover.  Channel matching is also very accurate as are the drivers from original measurements.   

Now to get the measuring mic setup for some final adjustments.   

Nick B:

--- Quote from: HAL on January 20, 2020, 06:29:52 PM ---Got the 4 Rythmik Audio HX300-12OB servo amps running the two 6x12 OB H-Frame servo subs.  This is all driven from the dspMusikLCD 2x8 digital crossover system and MS-5 Music Server.

The planar drivers are running with 18" speaker cables from the Orchard Audio BOSC monoblock amps. 

Have the system gains very close and set of room measurements with MathAudio RoomEQ and REW to make sure everything is matched up gains.

Direct drive of the planars and servo subs is giving a very immediate sound with appropriate soundstage size depending on the recording.  It has a presence that I do not get with any passive crossover.  Channel matching is also very accurate as are the drivers from original measurements.   

Now to get the measuring mic setup for some final adjustments.

--- End quote ---

Very nice. What a great setup and the ability to really fine tune as well  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version