Author Topic: dave back with vanhalen  (Read 5541 times)

rosconey

dave back with vanhalen
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »
just heard on cnn that they will do a 40 something shows this summer-

Marbles

Re: dave back with vanhalen
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:19:22 PM »
Quote from: "rosconey"
just heard on cnn that they will do a 40 something shows this summer-

Dave is a dick.  What an asshole.  I guess that means that he is a perfect match for Eddy and his brother.

I would love to see Michael Anthony and Sammy Hagar again.  :beer:  =D>

rosconey

dave back with vanhalen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:27:02 PM »
no doubt he is a total dick-he was supposed to play with sammy here in syracuse a few years ago-said he was sick-next day he was on stern talking about getting out of doing the show-no doubt hes a dick-

but vh was never as good with him gone,vanhagar wasnt bad-just nt VH

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
dave back with vanhalen
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 04:35:21 AM »
I totally agree that Dave is a Dick but i always had the perception that Van Halen always sounded like Van Halen-Lite without him. thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
dave back with vanhalen
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 06:22:31 AM »
Regardless of dickness, the energy is long gone.  VH stopped being VH after 1984.  I really liked Diver Down and Women and Children First... great albums I've listened to many, many times.... 1984 got a lot of production polish but they still had that energy that made their sound unique.

By now, most of them have really slowed down, voices and styles have certainly changed... and I'm sure the experience will be (to me) like listening to lite-jazz instead of rock.... They'll take liberties on the hard parts they can't do anymore and smooth it out and over-produce it.  So, needless to say, I'm prepared to miss it. ;)  

Yes, I'm cynical AND unrealistic.  I want every musician to stay 26 and stay able to do all the drugs and keep up all the creativity forever. ha! ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

lonewolfny42

dave back with vanhalen
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:28:46 AM »
Yes, I'm cynical AND unrealistic. I want every musician to stay 26 and stay able to do all the drugs and keep up all the creativity forever. ha! Wink
Don't they wish...."Welcome To The Jungle"......Axl Rose.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
dave back with vanhalen
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
...or better yet... "It's better to burn out, than fade away......" (from Highlander, the movie)

I wish I could keep the energy I had just a decade ago... oh well.. guess it's better to figure out how to work smarter than harder. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.