Author Topic: Joe Satriani  (Read 3693 times)

Black Sand Cable

Joe Satriani
« on: September 01, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »
I was working on my lap-top today trying to get some Office 2007 problems sorted out (no email...no Excel...nothing working...thanks Bill :x) and decided to let my entire music collection play on random through my Transporter while I was working and a Joe Satriani tune came on called Theme For A Strange World. I don't recall every hearing this tune but dam it's a catchy little number.

If anybody likes straight up instrumental music, give this one a spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDDvGZ2NbPM
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:12:31 AM by Black Sand Cable »

Black Sand Cable

Re: Joe Satriani
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »
I'm hooked! I use to be a big fan of Joe and for reasons unknown I got out of it but since hearing that tune yesterday I have been playing his stuff more or less none stop.

I forgot just how good of a guitar player this guy is!

LKdog

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »
Saw him live in House of Blues in Chicago last year.
Unreal.
Nice guy, too.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 10:05:23 PM »
Saw him live in House of Blues in Chicago last year.
Unreal.
Nice guy, too.

Awesome! I would like to see him live. I have a G3 DVD around here somewhere that I like but live would be amazing!

On a side note, I was at the House of Blues in Chicago two years ago! I had an awesome steak at whatever that place is called right outside of the House of Blues. It was to this day one of the best steaks I have ever had.....but for the life of me I can't remember what the joint was called? Are you from Chicago? if so, put me out of my misery and tell me the name of the place.

Thanks!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 10:43:58 PM »
John...

Was it .....Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse ?

As for Joe Satriani....one of the best,great player...and grew up on Long Island...next town over, Westbury. 8)