Author Topic: highly recommended  (Read 3855 times)

shep

highly recommended
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:10:19 AM »
This is a must have! stunning natural recording, cheerful and professional music. Modern Flamenco-ish.
Dave Holland and Pepe Habichuela "Hands". Universal records, Spain/ Dare2 records. Most of my recommendations fall on stoney ground...don't pass this by.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: highly recommended
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:18:56 AM »

shep

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:54:06 AM »
Nice? You agree?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
Anything with Dave Holland is gonna be fantastic. I don't know the guitarist but since he's playing with Holland, he's gonna be fantastic too! :D

lonewolfny42

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
A very good album...here's more info and a video... :thumb:

Info...       Video...

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 07:23:12 AM »
Great stuff, Chris!~ Thanks

stringdriventhing

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
Ah, a Dave Holland thread, nice. I suppose I've known some of Holland's work down through the years, especially with my ECM leanings, but it wasn't until last year when I picked up a copy of "Prime Directive", an ECM release featuring his quintet, that I developed a genuine appreciation. I reacted by ordering two more ECM titles, "Point of View" and "Pass it On", and the title you were kind enough to bring to attention, this collaboration with Pepe Habichuela. I've got a pal who focuses his musical sights almost exclusively on South American artists with an even tighter focus on Brazil. He has mentioned Pepe more than once but since funds are limited and my guitar focus is primarily steel-stringers, I hadn't yet gotten around to investigating Habichuela. The title arrived today and if the samples are any indicator, there's some fiery performances awaiting me - but not until I get my system assembled! - String