Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

Cary Audio

<< < (2/2)

djdube525:
You know... Another idea would be to work for a radio station as an engineer... Sol may have some insights. Spectra Site (cell tower company in Cary) might be another option... Both could open up some exposure to RF design. There's also General Dynamics in Newton, NC... They make specialized antennas.

Really is a tough nut to crack in the NC area... At least to hit all the requisites...

JBryan:
I had the pleasure of visiting the Cary Audio facility back when they were in Cary (late '90's). I went to see a fellow named Tony but also met Mr. Had and got a tour. The 'factory' was located in an business park (those buildings with truck docks lined up next to each other) and there was a reception area, a meeting/lunch room, a couple of offices and a 50' x 50' area where the gear was built. Cary was a pretty small set up with <10 employees so I'm not sure they could even fit an intern in there. I would imagine this is a fairly common set up in the boutique audio industry and even though Cary was flying high back then, I don't think they were flush with $ and may have a hard time affording another person much less finding space for them. I was there to buy the prototype of their recently introduced 845SEI amp and I got the impression that Charles was just freeing up space and gave the amp to Tony as a bonus.

Another possibility in Raleigh... my brother interned at Johnson Controls as a mechanical engineer for 2 summers and they gave him a job after he graduated from NCST. That may be an easier route to start and then you can jump into more esoteric stuff like home audio.

djdube525:
Oh a couple other companies... sorry... for the thread jack... they might have something more RF/Analog in nature which is what I think you want.

Sensus
Elster

Both are in the wireless utility metering (smart meters) technology... I believe both companies are head quartered in the area.

There's a small antenna company off Six Forks Rd in Raleigh... Mohu... they do mostly government work, but they did put out a residential HDTC antenna.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version