Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

Harman HPAV Mobile Showcase

(1/4) > >>

richidoo:
The Harmon High Performance Audio Video Mobile Showcase is coming both Audio Advice locations.  December 8-9 in Charlotte and 10-11 in Raleigh.

http://soundthatstirsthesoul.com/

Ever since Hantra told me about his experience with Revel Salon2 speakers I have been dying to hear them. What better way than in Harmon's own portable audition truck, with good acoustics and Levinson's finest electronics?

Elsewhere in the double wide trailer is a home theater featuring JBL speakers and Lexicon electronics.

Please post your comments about your experience.

lonewolfny42:
They had the big truck at RMAF 2009....when the power went out in the hotel...everyone was asked to step outside....so many went to their location in the hotel parking lot.

Pretty good sound in there.... 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGwyuTjFlM

Carlman:
That is nice.. what a great achievement.. thanks for fueling the economy, Harmon!  Also, I really like the chairs.. :) Very cool. 8)

tmazz:
This is the kind of thing that the industry as a whole needs to be doing to educate the masses as to benefits of good sound. Unfortunately the only folks who have the money to set something like this up are large conglomerates like Harmon, most of whom are mid-fi (at best ) providers who aren't really concerned with taking sound out to the levels that we do. Luckily although Harmon deal mostly in consumer level stuff, they do have a bit of skin in the High End market with Levinson and some of the better JBL lines, so they at least are playing in the same space we live in. Unfortunately companies like them are few and far between and the small companies tat dominate the High End marketplace cannot afford to lay out that like of money for promotions.

Hats off to Harmon for trying to increase the size of the pie and not just their slice of it.  :thumb:

Carlman:
Don't forget Harmon bought Madrigal and has the Revel line, with Kevin Voecks designing their speakers.  Not too shabby.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of the midfi stuff but they have the gear to show off some good sound, that is true high end with excellent design.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version