Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

G2G @ Rich's October 9

(1/14) > >>

richidoo:
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and sharing my new toys.

My diy OB speaker based on Feastrex D5nf and AE Dipole 12 drivers, like The Lotus Group's Granada

Acoustic treatments finally coming together now, only a year late... should be mostly done by then. 320 sq ft of goodiepanel, pretty much everywhere. Not sure I'll finish everything, but at a minimum the kitchen echo will be gone.

Rob S. is our special guest, he is bringing some special treats that will take the speakers to new heights, including 4 channels of Atma-Sphere OTL and his new DEQX active crossover. Thanks Rob! I know I'm gonna regret this, in a good way...

Sol's new c25 amplifier, a 25wpc stereo current source amplifier for single driver speakers is really, really special. Amazing sound from a simple IC chip configured for current instead of voltage. My Manley 300B uses 16ohm taps and no feedback with the Feastrex. So sweet!  With Black Treasures I hope it can stand up to the OTL.

Buffalo2 DAC will be done by then, with Legato output and Placid PS. Don't know if this will be playing, as DEQX may be the best solution considering the short time frame. Maybe in a headphone rig, like we've done before, but last time it sucked with Sonos/Altmann as source.

I'll be posting details of the various projects as they are built, over in Self-Help. I hope everyone can make it. I'll be inviting the AC group to come also.

topround:
Can I attend?
I was going to go to RMAF but decided besides being broke that there is nothing there I really want to buy.
I would much rather go to a Burning Amp festival! Maybe next year.

Where are you located Rich? Can I bring my son? And can you recommend some places to stay in the area?

Mike

richidoo:
Of course Mike! You and your son are welcome to come. My boys are 8 and 10, I think they are close in age to yours. I think we can squeeze you in here, as long as you and Rob don't mind sharing a twin bed?  :rofl:  j/k  I'll PM you.

lonewolfny42:

--- Quote ---I think we can squeeze you in here.....as long as you and Rob don't mind sharing a twin bed?
--- End quote ---

Rich....

Mike (topround)....he's a big guy.....gonna need a bigger bed... :rofl:

Rob S.:
Mike,  hope you can make it down so I can meet you in person.  This NC group is great!!  Maybe you can help Rich with his electronics projects.....probably not given your recent track record.   :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version