Author Topic: schumann resonator  (Read 3503 times)

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
schumann resonator
« on: December 25, 2022, 07:21:02 AM »
I bought a Schumann resonator years ago, tried it with my system.
Decided it did nothing but was supposed to help medicinal benefits(dubious) but I placed it on my nightstand next to my bed.
It was there for years plugged in with this little red led. It weighed about an ounce.

When I moved I decided I no longer wanted this thing as we were downsizing, so I decided to open it to see what was inside this thing.
First off it was a sealed glued plastic box, the only way to open it was with a hammer, so hammer I did.
What I found was thing tiny little circuit board the size of a fingernail with an led attached to it.
The rest of the book sized box was empty space.
How this dime sized circuit board recreated the earth resonant frequency boggles my mind. If it did its output had to be so minuscule you would need an electron microscope to hear it or measure it.

Did it do anything, I'm think no

I was at a friends house who was reviewing a power conditioner, he opened it to look inside and found it was empty, when he called the company and told them they said he was not supposed to open it and the unit he was supposed to receive was supposed to be sealed!

I guess this has made me dubious over some tweaks. Some do work for better or worse, but let's be honest snake oil, especially in this hobby really exists
System: Nothing....gave it all up, but building a few things for my kids...vinyl, tubes and Gan Fet!

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
Re: schumann resonator
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 07:46:05 AM »

I guess this has made me dubious over some tweaks. Some do work for better or worse, but let's be honest snake oil, especially in this hobby really exists

Couldn't agree more!!
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 08:28:39 AM »
I believe Rollo has a thread about this somewhere
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 03:35:13 PM »
Decided it did nothing but was supposed to help medicinal benefits(dubious) but I placed it on my nightstand next to my bed.
It was there for years plugged in with this little red led. It weighed about an ounce.

When I moved I decided I no longer wanted this thing as we were downsizing, so I decided to open it to see what was inside this thing.
First off it was a sealed glued plastic box, the only way to open it was with a hammer, so hammer I did.
What I found was thing tiny little circuit board the size of a fingernail with an led attached to it.
How this dime sized circuit board recreated the earth resonant frequency boggles my mind. If it did its output had to be so minuscule you would need an electron microscope to hear it or measure it.

I was at a friends house who was reviewing a power conditioner, he opened it to look inside and found it was empty, when he called the company and told them they said he was not supposed to open it and the unit he was supposed to receive was supposed to be sealed!

We’ll always have sheisters with us 😞 It would be interesting to open a Schuman box that has more than an led in it
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 05:18:52 PM »
Mike,

Look out, 'cause here comes some free advice.

rollo may not even know who, but there's a fellow in our once beloved audio club (audio syndrome) who has two of these resonators installed. I've seen them.

Do they make an audible difference, IMO, absolutely not.

If one is using or considering tweaks such as a device that supposedly resonates at *precisely* 7.83hz, you should, again IMO, turn your attention to other tweaks that matter more and certainly do affect audio quality.

Like what? Ok, I'll provide two tips... Xmas gift to all.

One, install shorting plugs/caps on all unused INPUTS

Two, pay attention to your lighting as they can make noise in and among themselves, let alone create noise within the audio system if on the same electrical circuit.

No need to necessarily be concerned about those things, unless you're already using or considering a Schumann Resonance device.

Best.

Hal

« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 05:20:27 PM by GDHAL »
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2022, 05:23:18 PM »
I Have one set up in the house and you andl Mike we're actually nice to people at the rave so I guess it must have worked .  LOL
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 05:35:26 PM »
I resonate at 7.84 hz

OK since the group buy for the SAS pre did not pan out how a bout a group buy for a Schumann resonator to dissect?

BTW Clara was the most talented schumann IMO
System: Nothing....gave it all up, but building a few things for my kids...vinyl, tubes and Gan Fet!

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 05:52:37 PM »
Does a schumann resonator make you nice to people?
I should have changed the power chord on mine, maybe it would have helped.
Maybe plug in a empty box power conditioner too and put some Shakti stones on top.

Please take all this as tongue in chic, we have to be able to make fun of ourselves....it makes us humans

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 09:20:37 AM »
It works and does make an Audible Difference in my experience. Not here to argue about it. Just relaying my experience.  Herbie Hancock after hearing result would not record without one. Price has no bearing. I have had friends over who have heard the difference. I have nothing to prove or sell. Just my personal experience. For me a bigger sound stage and a tad upfront. The top end opens up as well. Using one. Has to be 5' above floor to be most effective.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 09:55:01 AM »
It works and does make an Audible Difference in my experience. Not here to argue about it. Just relaying my experience.  Herbie Hancock after hearing result would not record without one. Price has no bearing. I have had friends over who have heard the difference. I have nothing to prove or sell. Just my personal experience. For me a bigger sound stage and a tad upfront. The top end opens up as well. Using one. Has to be 5' above floor to be most effective.

charles

Note the operative word in your post - **difference**.

Difference, if any, which is itself subjective, does not mean "better". EDIT: and, it could mean "worse"!

To each his/her own.

Best.

Hal
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 10:10:24 AM by GDHAL »
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 10:41:46 AM »

charles

Note the operative word in your post - **difference**.

Difference, if any, which is itself subjective, does not mean "better". EDIT: and, it could mean "worse"!

To each his/her own.

Best.

Hal

Yes Hal a difference closer to the real deal. Maybe after the room work you did revisit one.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2022, 01:00:39 PM »
I have nothing against the schumann resonator. Maybe it works in some systems and not in others, in mine with my shitty resonator, if it actually was one at all , it did nothing.
I guess my point was that tweaks shouldn't be faith based but real
Remember the magic clock, an actual alarm clock that was supposed to make your system sound better?
I believe Emil bought one at an auction we had, perhaps he can chime in and gives us the time of day on that tweak.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2022, 01:14:10 PM »
I have nothing against the schumann resonator. Maybe it works in some systems and not in others, in mine with my shitty resonator, if it actually was one at all , it did nothing.
I guess my point was that tweaks shouldn't be faith based but real
Remember the magic clock, an actual alarm clock that was supposed to make your system sound better?
I believe Emil bought one at an auction we had, perhaps he can chime in and gives us the time of day on that tweak.

Mike I agree. Actually Ted Denny has done quite a bit of research with Shuman Resonance hence His product line. For me a tweak is tried in my system. If I hear an improvement I consider it. If not it goes. Fun for me at this stage of the game.

charles

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 01:40:36 PM »
I think it went to college with his daughter.........