Author Topic: Stillpoints Apertures  (Read 5110 times)

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
Re: Stillpoints Apertures
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2023, 02:53:27 AM »
PM me your email address  :thumb:

Sent. It's public anyway - houseofhal@juno.com
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2023, 03:07:41 PM »

You have them...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2023, 03:10:33 PM »

You have them...

Thank you so much! I see I have an email with attachments. I'm on the road right now so I'll check in about 3 hours...
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2023, 05:12:18 PM »
@P.I.

Okay. So I looked at the two photos. Nothing stands out to me as being cheap, inexpensive ($10 by your estimation) or of poor quality.  Even the Stillpoint Acoustic Panel I uses staples.

To put that in context for those reading this post, your email reads "Essentially a single strength triangular insert the tab folding box loosely filled with rockwool and the least expensive wood cleat where the triangle comes together that is stapled together."

Anyway, your in the business so to speak so undoubtedly know better than I in this regard.  It works (rather well too I might add) and that's what I'm concerned about.

Thank you again for the photos. I shall retain them for reference purposes.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2023, 05:44:50 PM »
@P.I.

Okay. So I looked at the two photos. Nothing stands out to me as being cheap, inexpensive ($10 by your estimation) or of poor quality.  Even the Stillpoint Acoustic Panel I uses staples.

To put that in context for those reading this post, your email reads "Essentially a single strength triangular insert the tab folding box loosely filled with rockwool and the least expensive wood cleat where the triangle comes together that is stapled together."

Anyway, you're in the business so to speak so undoubtedly know better than I in this regard.  It works (rather well too I might add) and that's what I'm concerned about.

Thank you again for the photos. I shall retain them for reference purposes.
I know that they work reasonably well.

When the previous owner gave them to me I priced costs out at just under $10.00 including fabric.  Granted this was pre-Insanity. I had expected more.

I've built many corner (2 and 3) traps using cardboard over the years.  Many in that configuration, too.  It is my NSHO that double strength is a better choice for the application because it will be functionally more effective (lower) as well as sturdier (read that as surviving moves).  A full cavity fill also improves performance. 

Details.

Hey, it's all about personal choices.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 06:00:17 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe