Author Topic: Old Fashioned NY Audio Rave Staten Island October 22, 1pm till I kick u out  (Read 20258 times)

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Evan, sounds like you’ve planned a good time.  Unfortunately, I’m out of town as well.  Have a great time; and post some pics. 

Jim

Damn Jim. Im a doctor not a rocket scientist.

We will miss you. Hope all is well
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Hey Evan,
Sorry, I have a planned family party to attend on Saturday...

Next time,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline ejk

Hey Evan,
Sorry, I have a planned family party to attend on Saturday...

Next time,
Pete

Np Pete. You told me last week
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline ejk

Well, the good news is the Class D Gen 5 Gan Fet amp arrived today. The bad news is it's a dud. I'm getting static and the red warning led are blinking. When there is no static, it sounds pretty good out of the box. Waiting to hear back from Class D.

Good news is the Orchard Audio Gan Fet will be here tomorrow!

kind of sucks when you're trying to plan a great day for some peeps.

Offline ejk

They are sending a new one. Let's see how good their customer service is I asked them if they can ship it overnight as a courtesy  :thumb:

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
They are sending a new one. Let's see how good their customer service is I asked them if they can ship it overnight as a courtesy  :thumb:

They should also ship overnight and pick up the defective unit to help avoid embarrassment, in addition to courtesy.
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline ejk

They should also ship overnight and pick up the defective unit to help avoid embarrassment, in addition to courtesy.

They didnt ship it overnight. Tracking shows Monday delivery. Lets hope the Orchard survives

Offline shadowlight

Unfortunate that the Class-D arrived defective.  Was looking forward to listening to both Orchid and Class-D.

Offline ejk

Unfortunate that the Class-D arrived defective.  Was looking forward to listening to both Orchid and Class-D.

I was searching tg Agon forums last night and maybe a year or 2 ago Emil posted he bought one then a few weeks later it died. Class D was saying this never happened before

Offline ejk

Yippee kai yay MF...
Orchard Audio Starkrimson in the house and playing music

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Yippee kai yay MF...

Good news  :thumb: Am quite interested in hearing comments on this unit
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline ejk

Just checked tracking on the Mini Gan 5 and it has hit NY. We just may have it in time for Saturday. RAVE ON!

Offline ejk

Yippee kai yay MF...

Good news :thumb: Am quite interested in hearing comments on this unit

You got it. I will tell you after getting through the aggravation of maybe not getting it in time and a few other things I am listening right now, and I will say if this is what Class A sounds like I want more. After all this is what Gan Fet is, the digital version of Class A designs. I wish I had a Class A amp to compare. Maybe I can get Jbtrio to bring his SIT 3 tomorrow. By the way build quality is high school grade. He needs to up his game on the case. Just basically a fancy project box as well as a dedicated shipping box and packing. I understand this amp has clocked many miles around the country but come on. I unpacked it and had a rattle, took off the top and there was a screw rolling around. Tossed that bad boy.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Yippee kai yay MF...

You got it. I will tell you after getting through the aggravation of maybe not getting it in time and a few other things I am listening right now, and I will say if this is what Class A sounds like I want more. After all this is what Gan Fet is, the digital version of Class A designs. I wish I had a Class A amp to compare. Maybe I can get Jbtrio to bring his SIT 3 tomorrow. By the way build quality is high school grade. He needs to up his game on the case. Just basically a fancy project box as well as a dedicated shipping box and packing. I understand this amp has clocked many miles around the country but come on. I unpacked it and had a rattle, took off the top and there was a screw rolling around. Tossed that bad boy.

Well, excellent sound is first on my list, but good quality build sure is important. I’m sympathetic to manufacturers trying to keep costs down, but I’m one of those guys who’s willing to pay more for a sold case and aesthetics. Can that be done for another $200-250 on this unit that I’d be willing to pay, I have no idea.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline ejk

Yippee kai yay MF...

Well, excellent sound is first on my list, but good quality build sure is important. I’m sympathetic to manufacturers trying to keep costs down, but I’m one of those guys who’s willing to pay more for a sold case and aesthetics. Can that be done for another $200-250 on this unit that I’d be willing to pay, I have no idea.

Well at a starting price of 2499.00 I would think it could be squeezed in. I know when Tommy started with the cherry amps and he was bringing them to our raves the build was probably not like they are now. The Mini Gan 5 is rock solid build quality. Have it playing now but not really paying attention. Orchard Audio is in NJ, so I don't know what they are drinking next door, but it seems like they are becoming the Digital Amp capital of the country. We have Tommy O'brien may he rest in peace, Merrill from Merrill Audio and now Leo at Orchard. Hmm... makes you wonder "Orchard" Audio and "Cherry" Amplifiers. Maybe they were classmates or something. I'm just kidding