Author Topic: thoughts on my Wywires Silver speaker cables  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
thoughts on my Wywires Silver speaker cables
« on: May 03, 2022, 01:22:38 AM »
I received the Wywires Silver speaker cables recently and used the Hagerman cable cooker to put a total of 72 hours on them as recommended. That was one day in voltage burn in mode and then two days in the current mode. I expect they’ll keep improving a bit with more hours. The cables are a bit heavier than I thought and appear to have some filters on each end. I ordered spades and they screw in to the connector body. A bit weird, but I’m wondering if that means if one can screw in bananas as well. If so, it’s a great idea. The spade wires, when screwed in, have to be twisted as the spades, in my system,  didn’t line up with the speaker binding posts. Not a big deal, but I don’t like to have to force things like that.

After an hour or so of the Supratek preamp tubes getting warmed up, the system really started to sing. The new iFi streamer allowed for a lot more nuances to be revealed, more precise placement of secondary performers and instruments. The Wywires doubled down on those improvements. The soundstage is much more full, more dimensional. It’s much easier to make out all the instruments and individual voices in a chorus and they stand out better three dimensionally. The sound is so clean and full-bodied. The tonality is wonderful as are the timbre and decay. Everything stands out more and I’m concluding there’s less noise accordingly. Voices have such additional body and warmth. With halfway decent source material, the system is so engaging to listen too. I hate to use a reviewer description like “palpable”, but it really fits here.

I really enjoyed the Audio Envy cables, but the Wywires are in another league. All my power cords are from Audio Envy and I’ll continue to use them. I’m thrilled that it’s all come together like this. My system is basically an Audio Nervosa system because I received recommendations from AN members on each component and cable, except for the dac. I did my own research on that, but bought a used one when a member here offered his for sale.

So thanks, AN members, for some great advice and great sound 🎶🎶
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 02:42:58 AM by Nick B »
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
Re: thoughts on my Wywires Silver speaker cables
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 08:00:53 AM »
I'm not surprised.  Alex makes very good cables across the board, and his pricing is considerably more reasonable than it was, say, about ten years ago when I tried a full loom available on tour. 
I could use another set of decent speaker cables... I might have a purchase in my future. 
Glad they've provided a noticeable upgrade for you.   :thumb:
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub