Author Topic: January 2010 Meeting  (Read 14527 times)

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
January 2010 Meeting
« on: December 19, 2009, 09:11:19 AM »
Greetings my Friends,

I am pleased to inform all of you that we will be having a January meeting at the home of Jim B in  Long Island. This will be a general meeting to discuss elections, pick candidates, discuss the rules governing the club etc.

Jim has a nice system with good components. I know I look very forward to hearing his system.

A formal notice will be sent out with a date set.

Have a Lovely Holiday Season all.

Paul

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
Re: January 2010 Meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
Friday, the 22nd is when the meeting will be held at Jim's home. See you all there.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:50:07 AM »
My fellow members,

We all would like to have a good meeting so please show!

Paul

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:03:17 PM »
WOOPIE DOO! It will be the meetings of all meetings. Hope the host is up to it because there will be a lot of discussion about club business and not much time to listen to music.
   Besides the General meeting what is on the agenda ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Deton Nation

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:03:23 PM »
If your going to be there, Im not coming.
I mean you, not you.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
I mean you, not you.

:wtf:    :?:  :!:  :?:  :!:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 12:09:24 PM »
I mean you, not you.

OK Fine. :lol:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Deton Nation

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »
I was joking. jeez

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »
Ferris Bueller for president!

I think the best course of action for the club would be to elect someone who actually doesn't exist. Then the secretary will make a calendar assigning each member a month in which they have to make a meeting happen. It doesn't have to be at their place, but they have to organize and plan for and coordinate and generally take responsibility for that meeting, in whatever form it may take.

That's the only way you're going to get people to participate other then the usual suspects.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 12:16:37 PM »
I was joking. jeez

Cool, but lately there is so much nonsense going on you got me. sorry for not realizing your humor.

charles

Deton Nation

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 12:17:45 PM »
I vote that Bob M & Andy make an audio baby utilizing 2 12AU7 tubes and ancient Voodoo. That baby will have the "mark" and lead the Audio Philes into battle.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »
Lets name him "Tel E Funkin"

Offline rollo

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 12:26:45 PM »
Ferris Bueller for president!

I think the best course of action for the club would be to elect someone who actually doesn't exist. Then the secretary will make a calendar assigning each member a month in which they have to make a meeting happen. It doesn't have to be at their place, but they have to organize and plan for and coordinate and generally take responsibility for that meeting, in whatever form it may take.

That's the only way you're going to get people to participate other then the usual suspects.

Your on a good track there Bobo. IMO we do not need a President or board. The Rave does just fine without. Thinking out of the box is what we need not a posisition not a figurehead.

All we need to do is assign a member to a date and leave it to them to provide an agenda worth going to. No dues either. Simple done over. We are a small 20 member club. Every member should hold a meeting at least once. No excuses. If you cannot participate because of a family members health or well being issues that IMO is the only out.

charles

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 12:31:54 PM »
The rave works because everyone is generally jazzed to participate. People bring equipment and there's a party atmosphere. OK, so that may not be for everyone, but you can't argue with the energy.

The Syndrome doesn't need to be a Rave clone, but there does need to be some kind of a shakeup of the membership to get them to participate actively in their club. It is a lot of work to create and orchestrate a meeting and it shouldn't fall to only one person month after month with nobody else stepping forward except to attend he meeting and scarf up all the cheesy snacks (I remember Earl posted by the cheese board... snif, miss him).

Offline rollo

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »
Lets name him "Tel E Funkin"

Well if you are a Mullard and Andy a Tele then the baby would be neutral.  :thumb:

charles