Author Topic: UberBUSS...  (Read 3869 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
UberBUSS...
« on: February 25, 2016, 04:49:47 PM »
There has been good buzz about the DigiBUSS, but I have other products.  I am sending an Uber to Rollo that is meant to be shared and auditioned. 

It does different things than the Digi.  It is meant for global use in systems.  The circuitry is rated for  40A @ 125VAC continuous and is not in any way current limiting other than that done by the I/O's.  The Power Factor Correction network gives expanded dynamics, both macro and micro to get closer to the performance.  What it is is an impedance matching device between the incoming AC and transformer input power (linear) supplies.

Receptacles are the cried P&S 5362A receptacles used in all of my products. I am not married to P&S other than they are the best in SSQ to my ears.  YMMV I'll use anything.  That being said, the P&S 5362A with polished and burnished contacts is world class for many systems.  $10.00 for the upgrade or priced at $35.00 purchased separately.  Powerful, neutral and smooth.  The emphasis here is neutral.  I offer Furutech I/O's with the standard inlet being a Furutech gold or rhodium plated 15A @ 125VAC unit.  The best in SQ of the Furutche at this time are the FI-06 NCT versions for a minor $35.00 upgrade for either gold or rhodium plate.  I also offer Neutrik 20A and 32 A locking connectors.  Pricing varies on these.

Talk to Charles.  Get in line.  You have nothing but goodness ahead.  All you have to do is pay for postage and leave a CC number for security.

Dave
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: UberBUSS...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 05:43:15 PM »
That's one heck of an opportunity for folks in the ol Rollo region.
Some day Dave, some day.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:36:23 AM »
Have Dave's UberBUSS after hearing one on a tour.  I highly recommend giving it a try.

Offline dpatters

• Seeking Help
  • Audiofool in Happy Valley
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 08:48:44 AM »
The UberBUSS is one of the best audio purchases I ever made.

Don P.
Vapor Audio Joule Black
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono amps
Kinki Studio EX-P7 preamp
Jay’s Audio CD-2MKII transport
Jay’s Audio DAC Signature
Music Hall MMF 7.1/Ortofon 2M Black MM
Graham Slee Gold Era Mark V phono pre
TWL Full Loom
Totally custom UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »
That's one heck of an opportunity for folks in the ol Rollo region.
Some day Dave, some day.

Don
you have no idea how soon!

Heh,heh...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »
Dave,

Has anyone ever tried using one of those plug in power conditioners (Shunata Defender, Nordost QV2 ETC) with one of your Uber or Mini busses?
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »
Dave,

Has anyone ever tried using one of those plug in power conditioners (Shunata Defender, Nordost QV2 ETC) with one of your Uber or Mini busses?
The Shunyata is a plug in surge protector.  I'm not sure which technology or combinations of technologies that it uses.  Doesn't seem to hurt.

The Nordost QV2 is an unknown quantity.  I know of no one using that product.  It reminds me of the old Tice clock from yesteryear, though.  :?