Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

Receptacles... What works and why?

(1/9) > >>

P.I.:
Over the years i'vecome to realize some things when it comes to power transmission.  One of the heavy revvies has been the impact of power connectors in sound quality (SQ).  If someone had told me 12 years ago just how much connectors impact SQ, I would have yelled "foul", thrown the BS flag and told them they were daft.

Funny.  That turned out to be me.

Let's talk about what you have found to work and why. 

rollo:
   First off Cryo treatment makes a difference. Plating is huge. Rhodium, copper, silver all sound different. Then the conductor material itself. Gold over copper is warm. Rhodium over copper neutral, Rhodium over silver is bright and so on.
   My favorite are all copper with deep cryo treatment. Furutech or Voodo.

charles

dflee:
I have an older home (doesn't have ground wire) and wonder without it does it change how well the receptacle works sound wise?

Don

rollo:

--- Quote from: dflee on February 24, 2016, 09:37:11 AM ---I have an older home (doesn't have ground wire) and wonder without it does it change how well the receptacle works sound wise?

Don

--- End quote ---

Don why certainly it does. It is time for a 20Amp dedicated line unless you rent. No excuses. IMHO one of if not the most affective thing to do.
    Now any receptacle will sound better. A isolated ground even better.
    Now for you ground is on the neutral wire.  :duh Do it do it do it do it. Oh did I say do it. :thumb:

:thumb:
charles

rollo:
  These sturdy P&S  5362 take serious time to break in. One month or slightly more.
   I want an all copper deep cryo treated receptacle. No plating. Hear me TWL and Dave. still waiting. :roll:

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version