Author Topic: Satri - Bakoon amplifier  (Read 5992 times)

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
Satri - Bakoon amplifier
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:59:47 PM »
Hi, Guys,

I went to War Audio today in Perth and had a listen to a satri 50 watt monoblock amplifier.

I have to say that this amplifier sounds very good.  It is as transparent as a nuforce
reference 9v2se amplifier but is more musical.

http://bakoon-products.com/

Has anyone in the US heard any of these amplifiers?  The website is a bit hard to understand.

Regards

Rod

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Satri - Bakoon amplifier
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 05:58:08 AM »
English page  But not much details of products in English. The amp schematic looks very purist.

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 06:33:58 PM »
Hi Rich,

This is a quote from a Nuforce dealer (not the australian one though).

Unlike NuForce, Satri has the flow, extended harmonics and decay of a VERY good valve amp. Once heard on efficient speakers it's hard to settle for anything else. One of the few amps I've heard work brilliantly on vintage Tannoy 15" speakers: the owner said he hadn't been more impressed since hearing Lamm monos on the same system.

I'm trying to sell my Son of Ampzilla to help me to put down a deposit.  My dealer told me that
they have an 80 watt version and I think they would go well with my Salk Sound speakers.
Whilst I was at the dealer a person tried to convince me to sell my N.E.W. 20.1's to him but
I offered to sell my SOA amplifier.  I'll give him a demo of the amp in the next couple of weeks.

Are these amps sold in the US?

Regards

Rod

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 07:56:44 PM »
Hi Rich,

The amplifier that I heard yesterday is a little different from that bakoon product.  It was 50 watts monoblocks.  The amplifier retails for $13000au.

The one I am considering is a 80 watt stereo amplifier that retails for $4500au and I should be able to pony up for it.  They usually let me pay 50% up front and then I pay the rest off in weekly installments.  I've been a customer since 1996 and they know that I am reliable.

Anyone heard one of these amplifiers?

Regards

Rod