Author Topic: Dynaco by Will Vincent  (Read 3629 times)

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
Dynaco by Will Vincent
« on: January 06, 2023, 12:44:20 AM »
Anyone ever hear the Will Vincent Dynaco? Build quality looks excellent and it's great to see he moved all the connections to the back of the amp. I know most have heard the original but curious if the rebuilds compare or are better.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649837779-dynaco-by-will-vincentyellow-white-almond-and-black/
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
Re: Dynaco by Will Vincent
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 01:22:52 AM »
The beauty of the dynaco is in the transformers, if this has new transformers I would stay away as I have heard they are good but not as good sounding as the originals. Another thing they do is replace the power transformer as the original was specd for 110 volts and we are seeing higher voltages today. I have not heard an amp that has this new power transformer,but it sounds like a good idea.
I love Dynaco's, and I love the el34 tube, for me my favorite.
There are others out there that do what Vincent does for almost half the price butthe Vincent does look cool and probably costs more to do like this..
I would love to try one

System: Nothing....gave it all up, but building a few things for my kids...vinyl, tubes and Gan Fet!

Offline ejk

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 03:51:06 AM »
Just looking at it no intentions in buying. As far as others who do builds is Bob Latino and even Van Alstine at one point and his was also around 2 grand.
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 05:48:09 AM »
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649937018-dynaco-st-70-new-custom-build-beautiful/

Chris Keller in NC is another guy that does Dyna 70 rebuilds.  I bought one.  His prices are quite reasonable and his work is impeccable.  Super nice guy, responsive, and bomb-proof packaging.  Check his USAM feedback for all the glowing  positive reviews.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/userfeedback.php?user_id=52467

PS:   Those Will Vincent amps are gorgeous.  Prices on those have really risen.  I remember a few years ago they were in the $1200 range.   I own one of his Baldwin Organ "super" amps.  Dead quiet and reliable.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:39:21 AM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2023, 08:00:28 AM »
Those are all beautiful!
I imagine the custom case work on the Vincent version is what makes up that price difference.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline ejk

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 09:14:14 AM »
Those are all beautiful!
I imagine the custom case work on the Vincent version is what makes up that price difference.

I agree. I would buy it just based on the looks of it

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2023, 09:27:17 AM »
Those are all beautiful!

No...1200 to $1400 range was for the exact same Will Vincent custom case ones, a few years ago.

Since I've owned his Baldwin Organ super amp for several years, I've been following Will's work / offerings over that time.

Check "sold/expired" on Hifishark dated several years ago, you will see many.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:39:50 AM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline ejk

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
Those are all beautiful!

No...1200 to $1400 range was for the exact same Will Vincent custom case ones, a few years ago.

Since I've owned his Baldwin Organ super amp for several years, I've been following Will's work / offerings over that time.

Check "sold/expired" on Hifishark dated several years ago, you will see many.

I agree with John. They were cheaper years ago but like everything else prices are up.

Offline ejk

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 09:50:59 AM »
Which actually leads me to this. I have been using EH El 34's in the Willsenton R8 and had purchased a quad of PSVANE's as extras when I bought the amp. Well, being home still sick with Covid I swapped them out about an hour ago and boy what a difference. Morer detail and smoother than the EH tubes and the muddied bass is gone. I was hesitant to buy the PSVANE's because I read there was a lot of failures with them but with the price on tubes these days, I decided to take a chance. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Offline TopRound‎

• Certifiable
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 01:11:21 PM »
I'll be picking up a dynaco soon, we can try it your system if you like
System: Nothing....gave it all up, but building a few things for my kids...vinyl, tubes and Gan Fet!

Offline Folsom

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 02:37:17 PM »
I like them. Pretty neat. Although I might even like a non-vu meter version. The fact that it's just clean and healthy looking is a big step over so many Dynacos.