Author Topic: Old Fashioned NY Audio Rave Staten Island October 22, 1pm till I kick u out  (Read 19363 times)

Offline orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
  • How do you like them apples?
    • Orchard Audio
Re: Old Fashioned NY Audio Rave Staten Island October 22, 1pm till I kick u out
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2022, 09:27:57 AM »
For those interested... I have a used Stereo Ultra for sale for 3300 + shipping. MSRP is 3800
-- Custom silver front panel
-- Dual mono with capacitor upgrade
-- XLR inputs
-- 110/120 AC input (can be changed to 220/240V).
-- 1-year warranty included.

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2022, 09:57:33 AM »
For those interested... I have a used Stereo Ultra for sale for 3300 + shipping. MSRP is 3800
-- Custom silver front panel
-- Dual mono with capacitor upgrade
-- XLR inputs
-- 110/120 AC input (can be changed to 220/240V).
-- 1-year warranty included.

Leo you are such a tease
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2022, 10:19:17 AM »
   BTW I was stunned by the LSA Warp-1 Amp. Read review in Absolute Sound. Not a dealer. for $1200 this thing is a must hear.

charles

Charles,

You’ve heard it or are you just relying on the review?

charles

I own one. Would never recommend something I have not heard in my system.

charles
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 11:47:44 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2022, 03:15:12 PM »
   BTW I was stunned by the LSA Warp-1 Amp. Read review in Absolute Sound. Not a dealer. for $1200 this thing is a must hear.

charles

Charles,

You’ve heard it or are you just relying on the review?

charles

I own one. Would never recommend something I have not heard in my system.

charles

Thanks, Charles. I should have figured you’d not recommend it without having heard it. That amp would certainly be a good comparison with my similarly priced AVA SET 120
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline ejk

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2022, 01:19:57 PM »
Just an update on the Orchard Starkrimson Ultra. When I demoed the unit on the tour for the Rave we were having issues with using the Rogue soley as a preamp because it just did not have enough gain to push the amp. The Orchard is balanced on the Rogue is unbalanced so simply using adapter plugs doesn't help with gain issues. When I ordered my amp, I also ordered Leo's active RCA to XLR adapter which also has an additional 8db of gain.

Link
https://orchardaudio.com/product/stereo-rca-to-xlr-converter/

Did it help? yes it did, and the signal is just as clean as it should be. I also purchased the Art Audio clean box which is also an RCA to XLR adapter but with adjustable gain up to an additional 25db to compare it to the Orchard convertor. It also worked but with additional distortion in the path. It didn't affect the signal it just wasn't clean. It made the system sound like it was off the shelf at Best Buy.

Anyone wants to come for a listen hit me up.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 01:53:08 PM by ejk »
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline orchardaudio

• Industry Participant
  • How do you like them apples?
    • Orchard Audio
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2022, 01:22:30 PM »
Just an update on the Orchard Starkrimson Ultra. When I demoed the unit on the tour for the Rave we were having issues with using the Rogue soley as a preamp because it just did not have enough gain to push the amp. The Orchard is balanced on the Rogue is unbalanced so simply using adapter plugs doesn't help with gain issues. When I ordered my amp, I also ordered Leo's active XLR to Rca adapter which also has an additional 8db of gain.

Link

Did it help? yes it did, and the signal is just as clean as it should be. I also purchased the Art Audio clean box which is also an Xlr to Rca adapter but with adjustable gain up to an additional 25db to compare it to the Orchard convertor. It also worked but with additional distortion in the path. It didn't affect the signal it just wasn't clean. It made the system sound like it was off the shelf at Best Buy.

Thank you for your support and for sharing.

Offline ejk

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2022, 01:28:24 PM »
Just an update on the Orchard Starkrimson Ultra. When I demoed the unit on the tour for the Rave we were having issues with using the Rogue soley as a preamp because it just did not have enough gain to push the amp. The Orchard is balanced on the Rogue is unbalanced so simply using adapter plugs doesn't help with gain issues. When I ordered my amp, I also ordered Leo's active XLR to Rca adapter which also has an additional 8db of gain.

Link

Did it help? yes it did, and the signal is just as clean as it should be. I also purchased the Art Audio clean box which is also an Xlr to Rca adapter but with adjustable gain up to an additional 25db to compare it to the Orchard convertor. It also worked but with additional distortion in the path. It didn't affect the signal it just wasn't clean. It made the system sound like it was off the shelf at Best Buy.

Thank you for your support and for sharing.

:thumb: