Author Topic: After many months of hard work my latest DIY project is complete!!!  (Read 11266 times)

miklorsmith

Re: After many months of hard work my latest DIY project is complete!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
My wife got "done" when we had our second via C-section.  They scheduled that one because the first was 11 lb. 2 oz.  All the delivery-room folks were betting how big he was but nobody pegged him over 11.

2 was/is plenty for us.  At least we can still play man-to-man.  Once the third comes you need to play zone.  Oh, and get a minivan.  We weren't ready for either.   :D

My sis lives in town and she had a boy within a month of ours then a girl within a month from ours.  The paths differed when she decided she wanted a third.  Lila is now a month old and we're all so happy to see her and so happy to leave when it's time to go.  My sis is the sleep-deprived wreck we only remember distantly now and we are remembering Big Time why 2 was plenty.

When we had our second, the delivery room doc told us afterward "they NEED you to fall in love with them, it's how they survive".

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »
You know they say it is contagious. I'm gonna have to take a sabatical from AN for a while boys. Just can't risk it... 3 is enough!!
 :lol:

OR...you could just get OLD...like me, and then live in a town with no suitable prospects...like I do. Problem solved :rofl:!!!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »
I learned the hard way that you can't even pretend to go cruising for chicks in a minivan. It is like a big fat wedding ring wrapped around your whole body. "Honest, I use it for business!" "Get real you married old fart!"

Hey, I still got my lookers license.  But hell no more kids. Ain't no way baby! I'm saving it up for my next wife is what I tell her when she hold's the neighbors's and starts getting "that look".

Pregancy: An incurable, sexuallytransmitted parasitic infection that cure spontaneously in 9 months.
haha

Sorry Dougie, don't mean to spoil your fun. But once baby discovers her always empty stomach, we'll probably not see you for another couple weeks anyway... I hope much sooner!
Rich

Dougie085

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 08:17:45 PM »
Nah we managed quite well with the first one. I don't think it will be such a big change.

ik632

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 05:47:48 AM »
I'm getting both sides of it since it's our first. My friends without babies tell me how terrible it will be, then my friends with babies, or wanting babies tell me how great it is. I expect to take a 3 month or so sabbatical once ours shows up.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 06:46:49 AM »
Best of luck. This is the beginning of the best part of your life. Treasure every moment as they grow quite fast. As a father of three all I can say your life will change and the memories are priceless.
  Again the best of luck and health to your new family.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Dougie085

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 06:49:55 AM »
It's definitely the best feeling ever. It's hard and challenging but you will never think its horrible I can guarantee that! :)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 07:31:31 AM »
So many babies!  :shock:

My wife and I have been on the fence about children for so long.. and we've decided to give it a go.  Hope we're not too late for healthy children-ing.  (BTW, 'childrening' should really be a new verb.. I like it, I could use it as a catch-all.... Sorry... can't come over, childrening... etc.)

I'm not looking forward to the 3-month sabatical, Nick... but I understand. :(

Dougie, looks like a fine new baby you got there... and you've got practice!  So, congrats and enjoy!

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Bigfish8

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
Dougie:

Congratulations to you and your wife!  She is so adorable!

Ken

Bigfish8

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »

My wife and I have been on the fence about children for so long.. and we've decided to give it a go.  Hope we're not too late for healthy children-ing.  (BTW, 'childrening' should really be a new verb.. I like it, I could use it as a catch-all.... Sorry... can't come over, childrening... etc.)

Dougie, looks like a fine new baby you got there... and you've got practice!  So, congrats and enjoy!

-C

Carl:

Congratulations on the decision!  There is just no feeling like the one you will hopefully experience when they first hand you your new baby in the delivery room!

Ken

ik632

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »

They do say that they will cry and you should let them cry if they have been fed, are clean, and warm/cool enough so I'm sure I'll have some time between pulling my hair out and having no idea what I'm doing to post a little here and there. My wife wants us to update the blog so our families have something to look at so I'll probably be busy with that.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »

-C

Congrats!

As you know, I have two girls and it's great.

Granted I won't be saying that in a few years, but it's great now! My oldest is 10, youngest is 9 so the teen years are coming fast.....that is when I expect nothing but problems!