Author Topic: Advent Baby II Refoam Project  (Read 6972 times)

evan1

Advent Baby II Refoam Project
« on: January 07, 2012, 06:56:38 AM »
Not really a project , it was easy to do. These were my first speakers I bought with my own money. Drove them with an NAD receiver. I gave them to my brother years ago and when I was at his house one day I noticed the foam around the woofers were rotted so I took them back and ordered a refoam kit off ebay. Not bad for $20.00.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Advent Baby II Refoam Project
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:48:59 AM »
Nice job Evan.

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:50:33 AM »
My 1st speakers were large Advents, followed by Small Advents in the dorm, always had a soft spot in my heart for them.

Enjoy them Evan.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
Nice job. I did the same with some car speakers last year. Thank God for the internet and entrepreneurs who understand that this can be done by us folks without buying full replacment drivers.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:40 AM »
My store used to sell the Baby Advent II. I remember them fondly; little speaker, big sound.

evan1

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:11:45 AM »
My store used to sell the Baby Advent II. I remember them fondly; little speaker, big sound.

I remember the big sound too. I haven't hooked them up yet , but I will. You can't tell by the pictures but the cabinets look brand new , not a mark.