Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

Ethernet Cables

(1/5) > >>

jimbones:
OK so Im not looking to start any arguments lets keep this civil. My question is simple, has anyone replaced a general purpose ethernet cable with one designed for "audio" use? If so what was your findings? I am currently using a 20ft ethernet cable as my NAS is about 15 ft from my Streamer.

HAL:
Before you go to that stage, have you tried CAT6a SSTP style Ethernet cable?  That is the heavily shielded variety with pair shielding.  If you use the stranded version (patch style) very flexible for use.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Snagless-Shielded-Ethernet/dp/B00HEM4ZX0?th=1

Just a thought.

jimbones:
Not sure what type I have, but it is a decent Cat5E cable. I think the "super" cables are Cat7 or even Cat8.

HAL:
Most of the CAT6a SSTP patch cables use PTFE insulation, a type of Teflon for high bandwidth.  With two shields and connector grounds, should be a great starting point beyond CAT5 cable. 

If you need 10Gig bandwidth, look at the newer designs. 

jimbones:

--- Quote from: HAL on December 26, 2017, 07:11:24 PM ---Most of the CAT6a SSTP patch cables use PTFE insulation, a type of Teflon for high bandwidth.  With two shields and connector grounds, should be a great starting point beyond CAT5 cable. 

If you need 10Gig bandwidth, look at the newer designs.

--- End quote ---

Just checked:I am using standard Cat5E.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version