Author Topic: Sloooooow Service  (Read 1745 times)

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
Sloooooow Service
« on: January 15, 2021, 09:29:50 AM »
I absolutely hate it when a repair job takes months, and months, and months with no word from the vendor about whether he has even looked at your equipment.  How hard is it to take an hour once every month to communicate with customers about their gear??? 
I understand that not every job turns around quickly, but at least return emails or give updates.   :(

Several of our members here are in the business.  How do you handle it when things are running behind?
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Sloooooow Service
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 08:56:13 PM »
I try hard not to be that person. Organization to keep track of all of it matters a lot.

I force myself to deliver news that isn't the best, but most are understanding when you literally can't get something or the supply is off... you run into this or that. Getting things going smoothly usually means a painful road to get there. With used equipment it's pretty tough depending on how you set yourself up originally.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Sloooooow Service
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:54:48 AM »
  For us the lines we carry require no service. To date no gear had to be fixed. When someone orders a component we track it and inform customer of delivery. Sometimes Fedex or UPS mess up however rare.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.