Author Topic: Micro Rave at Hospitality Joe's House.  (Read 2464 times)

ua100k

Micro Rave at Hospitality Joe's House.
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:43:41 AM »
Had an excellent session at Joe's place with Gary in short attendance, fine wine from both Joe and Gary with excellent Pizza from Nanna's. My first Square pizza.

Joe's setup despite the small room is quite amazing. The Spectron amp, pre, DAC, Phono pre, speakers all contribute nicely. The Speakers I have to say are the most amazing. Evoluation Acoustic MMMicroOne was shaking the room with its dual ceramic 4" woofers. It has the detail, opening, no distortion (to speak of) and no breakup at high levels of bass. Picture the Chinese drums that kept Lola (the dog) quiet.

Listening to the Cello's with the bow whispering across the strings was sufficient for us to finish 2 bottles of wine I think - I just don't remember it all but I do know the amp, pre (Supratek), CD (Marantz) and the EV MMicroOne  is very hard to beat.

Thanks joe, that was excellent and all at short notice.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
Re: Micro Rave at Hospitality Joe's House.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
Merrill, thanks for coming and bringing your excellent classD amp.
The amps sounded really good. The tonal balanced was great. Silky smooth with nice detail and wide soundstage. This is the 2nd time I heard it and, I'm still impressed!

You are modest and don't tout your product, but let the amps do the talking. Good job!

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers