Author Topic: Component rack - DIY or buy?  (Read 23447 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Component rack - DIY or buy?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 05:37:33 AM »
All I see is the AudioCircle banner.... strange.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 05:51:23 AM »
That's probably because your browser is (was ;) ) still logged into AC, so it can access the AC gallery even though you are browsing to another website.  Internet explorer stays logged into any site it visits until you manually log off, or close the program.
Rich

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 06:12:55 AM »
That's probably because your browser is (was ;) ) still logged into AC, so it can access the AC gallery even though you are browsing to another website.  Internet explorer stays logged into any site it visits until you manually log off, or close the program.
Rich

I didn't know that.  I tend to have both AC and AN on my Firefox just to keep a tab on both.   :)
I am a nut.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »
I tried logging into AC but I still had the banner... Must be another feature of IE7.  :roll: ;)

If you log out of AC, you'll see the banner image while browsing here...

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 10:59:26 AM »
Carl,  same behavior from Firefox even when logged in to AC.    If you right click the AC banner image in the AN post above, you do see the correct url on AC.  But all you see in the AN post is the AC banner.

I'm sure there's some logic there but it is strange...(but, hey, it gave me an excuse to use this smiley) :wtf:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »
I think that if you are the post creator then you can copy and paste locally - the image is cached and appears in the AN post preview because the source is your hard drive. If you are accessing the image through AN, you're denied because you do not have it cached and must access it from AC through AN. Apparently AC denies (some) submarine requests from other domains.

If you emptied your temporary internet files you should not be able to see your posted pic anymore. You would be in the same boat as us. If we looked at the picture on AC, then we would be able to see it on AN too if it had same URL.

Just my guess...  no guarantees  :-k

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 12:49:43 PM »
If that is true, once Carl went to AC to check out the image, he should then be able to see it on AN post.  I will go home and log on from a different PC and see if I still see the image or not tonight. 
I am a nut.

Offline Woodsyi

• Seeking Help
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 07:27:26 PM »
It must be the cache on my Firefox at my work PC.  I get the banner now at home even though I have another window open to AC at the same time. 
I am a nut.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 07:29:41 AM »
Correct... same experience here... I don't have much in cache... I use credit a lot. ;)
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 08:26:35 AM »
  The rack, never could understand why we would want to put our components so close to each other. The magnetic fields of the components certainly interfere with each other. At least 2Ft. between components is required to dissapate the interference of fields.
       If you have the room ,layout your components side by side on wood shelfs [ plinths ], say Spruce, Maple or Ebony . You can purchase speaker stands to support the wood plinthes. I use Target stands [metal] grounded to earth ground with sand boxes screwed to the top of the stand. The plinthes [wood] sit in the sand. I then use cones to drain the resonance to the plinth.  I located the stands using a Guass meter and placed them according to lowest reading. I hear more music with no hardness, great clarity and natural detail.
     However if space is a major factor, I will go along with LoneWolf's recco. Trully bang for the buck.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.