Author Topic: Fozgometer - Wow!  (Read 30772 times)

mlee

Re: Fozgometer - Wow!
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2011, 10:13:12 AM »
  Welcome mlee nice to see you here.

charles
SMA

Greetings Charles.

Thanks for the welcome, and consider this my RSVP to the next meeting.  Can't wait to hear the revised Rollo work-in-progress.  Let me know if you prefer me to bring a dessert or wine.

Jason/

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: Fozgometer - Wow!
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »

Can of worms here, Pete.  In some cases, your travelling costs will exceed the Fozgo rental fee!

:shock:  :rofl:

It's for the love of our great hobby (beers & wine included!  :beer:) ... and it's not a rental fee, it's "lifetime lease" agreement... the only caveat is that it's hand-delivered to the leasee using it... it doesn't have to me but it can be...

Cheers!  :beer:

Hello Pete.

I would be grateful for being able to participate in your generous offer.  I even would treat the fee as a limited lifetime lease, in the event I for some reason wear out my welcome.

Before you say yes, three months ago I replaced my VPI HW-19 mkiii + Origin Live Silver mik2 with a Townshend Rock 7 with its motor replaced with an Origin Live DC-200 Advanced motor and transformer + Origin Live Illustrious mk2 tonearm and Clearaudio Titanium cartridge with its cantilever replaced with a ruby cantilever by Soundsmith.

After 3 months of frustration, I believe I finally got the Clearaudio on the Townshend to sound close to what I had with the VPI.  I cannot say the one is better than the other.  The VPI seems to have a larger soundstage with better dynamics, but the Townshend seems to have a more natural harmonic structure.

I cannot give any definite statement, since without the Foz, there is no way other than by ear to determine if azimuth is correct.  Btw, the OL Illustrious has no adjustment for azimuth, so I use a skewed counterweight.

I am in central Queens and a member of Audio Syndrome.  If you say yes, I will be limited lifetime grateful for your spiffy holiday offer (if I do not have to pay for the Foz and can trade away my off-the-cuff "two cents" plus the nominal sum instead, together with the required assortment of beer, wine and/or food - what am I getting into ?, I would be as happy as a dancing Snoopy, I think).

Regards.

Jason 

Sure, Jason! Sounds like a plan... PM me with your availability. The skewed counterweight can be tricky since you need a really steady hand not to mess-up your VTF...

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS