Author Topic: Made the Kuzma Plunge  (Read 8070 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Made the Kuzma Plunge
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
That's not a Kuzma! Now this is a Kuzma ...

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1328024650

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
That's a bachelor!   :rofl:

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 05:49:18 AM »
That's not a Kuzma! Now this is a Kuzma ...

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1328024650

Arm on the right is a Stogi Reference.  Got that.  I'll get the rest when I sell my kidney.     :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:54:58 AM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 10:19:52 AM »
  The Cart. is slowly breaking in. So far about 15 hours. Out of the box wonderfull. Now it's in the changing mode. Needs 50 hours minimum.  :(   For kicks pulled the stock PC stock powercord from the TT.  Both the TWL and Mapleshade had excellent results but different. Initial impressions are; Triode Wire Labs is richer and in the deeper bass. Mapleshade has more air and sparkle on the top.
   However to early to really tell, just playing around for now. Just too many toys on my hands :duh.

charles
SMA
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline gopher

• Certifiable
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
Very cool, Charles!!

Toob told me about this thread and I know you're going to love that deck.  My Stogi S is really excellent and I can't believe it has no stateside following.

I'm very interested in reading your findings with the power supply.  I don't spin 45s, but am intrigued.

Its also interesting hearing power cords affect the sound.  My buddy told me of a similar finding with the motor for his VPI table, but he was nuts anyway, lol.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 11:54:27 AM »
Very cool, Charles!!

Toob told me about this thread and I know you're going to love that deck.  My Stogi S is really excellent and I can't believe it has no stateside following.

I'm very interested in reading your findings with the power supply.  I don't spin 45s, but am intrigued.

Its also interesting hearing power cords affect the sound.  My buddy told me of a similar finding with the motor for his VPI table, but he was nuts anyway, lol.

Thanks Gopher,
                         I tell ya more exposure than ya think. Fremer gave it a great review. the word is getting out. The machinging and tolerances of the arm and TT piece are exceptional.
   Since I am unfamiliar with the TT and Cart it is impossible to say what is doing what. However it is as a whole better than my lingo-ed trampoline Linn with Arkiv cart. No rising top end no exaggerated sibilance with more weight and soul to the sound.

charles
SMA

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.