Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

How Much Power Conditionig do we Need ?

(1/5) > >>

rollo:
   A whole system conditioner or isolation transformer, multiple conditioners. Both ?
   Then dedicated circuits one or several ? Should all power cords be of the same manf ?
    I know the answer do you. Post away.

charles

tmazz:
Ideally I would go for multiple dedicated lines. One for all of my digital components to isolate the noise they generate, one for my line level components that pretty much draw a constant load and at least one of the power amps (and possibly more depending on how many you have (mono blocks or added sub amps) and how much they each draw.

I currently have all TWC power cords, not because I want to have consistency, but because they turned out to work best in each situation.

Likewise I can see where different types of conditioners could work better in different situations, or there could be a single unit out there that does it all, you just have to try and see what works for you, both performance and budget wise.

TomS:
None! I still have an Uberbuss and variety of manly power cords (TWL, Kaplan) laying around but don't need any of them now.

Thank you Vinnie Rossi LIO  :thumb:

mresseguie:
Charles,

That's an interesting way to phrase it, "I know the answer. Do you?"

Of course I know the answer. My answer is only applicable to my situation.

My Uberbuss is enough for my needs in my system in the US. I so far haven't felt the need for it in my system in Taiwan, but that could some day change.

One of these days I'll fill out my TWL loom with a pair of XLR interconnects.

Michael

jimbones:
I have 2 dedicated lines, one for high power (amps) and the other for low level stuff (pre, cd, TT etc). I am NOT putting in a 3rd  :duh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version