Group Therapy > NY Audio Rave

My Media Room...

<< < (9/9)

tmazz:
Barry it looks like we are both heading to the same place although via two slightly different routes. Kids today , for whatever reaseon you wan't to atribute ut to, don't value music as a [primary activity. This turns into a major problem for the high end industry in that people who don't value listening to music are not likely to expend the time , money and energy that we do to enhance that listening experience.

Barry (NJ):
Agreed, when I put my younger friends, and the friends of my kids into the sweet spot, they get it, but I doubt enough to put them on the path. But maybe when they're older and have the means to purchase, and a place to put it, they'll seek it out. My son says he will one day, and I suppose much of my passion for music reproduction, was passed down from my father...

goldlizsts:

--- Quote from: Barry (NJ) on November 14, 2019, 07:58:05 AM ---Agreed, when I put my younger friends, and the friends of my kids into the sweet spot, they get it, but I doubt enough to put them on the path. But maybe when they're older and have the means to purchase, and a place to put it, they'll seek it out. My son says he will one day, and I suppose much of my passion for music reproduction, was passed down from my father...

--- End quote ---

Barry, your son will follow you in the audio path?  Congrats!  The millennials these days are on a different cloud!  They'd be happy with their iTunes, with ears plugged!  aa :thumb:

Barry (NJ):

--- Quote from: goldlizsts on November 22, 2019, 01:38:41 AM ---Barry, your son will follow you in the audio path?  Congrats!  The millennials these days are on a different cloud!  They'd be happy with their iTunes, with ears plugged!  aa :thumb:

--- End quote ---

We'll see what he does as time goes on ;)

And as far as the millennials go, as I said above, the cheap basic stuff today, is so much better than what we had  available in our youth, it often really is good enough...

Brap:
I struggle with this constantly.  Have 2 kids, 31 and 29.  While they appreciate my gear and I purposely have almost 2 of everything to hand down, minus TT, I do have my Dad's 1955 gear.  Mahogany Jensen Imperial PR-100, Heathkit W5M and PA2, Eico FM tuner and mono Garrard RC88 MkII TT. this is in the 2nd floor hallway and listen to public radio and Christmas music around this time of year.  Fills the entire 1st and 2nd floor.  This is a big unit and love to pass it down but will the kids ever enjoy or if it needs any work (I restored the amp and pre) would they do it?  I could probably get some decent scratch for this stuff. Decisions, decisions...…..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version