Author Topic: PBS Soundstage  (Read 2677 times)

westcoastman

PBS Soundstage
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:46:33 PM »
Just finished watching PBS Soundstage.  The act was Foreigner.  HD production and sound were very good as well as the performance.  They played some of their hits like Juke Box Hero, Hot-Blooded and Feels Like the First Time plus others.  The whole thing was around 50 minutes.

I've seen the Eagles before on Soundstage. That was good too.  I've seen other performances and I was not impressed with them due to the aging performer not being able to put the same exuberance into it. They tried but my memory of the original makes me want better.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: PBS Soundstage
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 03:31:07 PM »
I watch the HD performance on one of the HD-only type channels.. can't remember the name.. but they often miss instruments completely.  I'll be watching some band playing away on a cello or bass and there is no sound of the instrument, at all.  They even missed a lead guitar solo on one I watched.  I was recording them to watch later in my big sound room but I stopped for this reason. 

If the PBS recordings are good quality AND catch all the instruments, that's great news!  I'll be sure to check them out.  It's sad when I see such high-rez performances botched by bad production.  Such is the way I've come to expect from the sucky music industry, though.

This gives me an idea for a new thread.  Thanks!

-C

I really enjoy listening to music.

Headspace

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:23:12 PM »
The very same music industry that wants to increase the price of digital downloads in a recession/coming depression when music sales are in the tank. They don't get it. Reznor's got it right. Radioheads got the right idea too. I caught NIN in concert at Target Center in Minneapolis a few months back and it was one of the most innovative shows I've ever seen. Amazing production. Reznor is also a tech-genius approaching Roger Waters territory.

westcoastman

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »
Watched another edition of Soundstage last night.  Not a big fan of Seal but again the performance and production were top notch. Sound quality...great.  His performance was soul hits from the 60s. Included a string and horn section, backup singers, the band and David Foster conducting and on keyboards. Even if you're not a fan of the artist a good production will get you hooked.

Next week is B. B King.