Systemic Development > Digital Audio Devices

What are your thoughts on Hi-Rez v. NOS Redbook?

(1/6) > >>

P.I.:
I know that digital audio is kind of an us and them topic.  I'm curious as to where all yuze gyze land on this topic.

I think a lot of this comes down to listening to music for pure enjoyment or getting ALL THERE IS out of the data.

Speak!

mresseguie:
Hiya, Dave!

I'll <sort of> answer your question.

Much of my music listening is streamed. I use streaming to discover new music, and to enjoy 'found' artists' music. When I want to really get into the music, I listen to physical media. I've been worrying less about critical listening and more about just enjoying the music. My favorite DAC is limited to no higher than 96kHz, so I usually listen to Redbook quality.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: mresseguie on February 20, 2023, 02:40:53 PM ---Hiya, Dave!

Much of my music listening is streamed. I use streaming to discover new music, and to enjoy 'found' artists' music. When I want to really get into the music, I listen to physical media. I've been worrying less about critical listening and more about just enjoying the music. My favorite DAC is limited to no higher than 96kHz, so I usually listen to Redbook quality.

--- End quote ---
Hi, Mike.  Good to see you.

I've got several DACs (mega modified HRT Pro, Schiit Bifrost & Yggdrasil) and I stil keep going back to my hot rodded Tranquility DAC because it just makes music.  That ancient TDA1543 with the mods Eric and I came up with are just my goto, could be my ego 😁.  Of course I have 75 year old ears, but so what?  I love me some toons.

Like TMAZZ says: It's all about the music.

GDHAL:

--- Quote from: P.I. on February 20, 2023, 03:49:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: mresseguie on February 20, 2023, 02:40:53 PM ---Hiya, Dave!

--- End quote ---
Hi, Mike.  Good to see you.

I've got several DACs (mega modified HRT Pro, Schiit Bifrost & Yggdrasil) and I stil keep going back to my hot rodded Tranquility DAC because it just makes music.  That ancient TDA1543 with the mods Eric and I came up with are just my goto, could be my ego 😁.  Of course I have 75 year old ears, but so what?  I love me some toons.

Like TMAZZ says: It's all about the music.

--- End quote ---

What model Yggdrasil do you have?

P.I.:

--- Quote from: GDHAL on February 20, 2023, 04:10:03 PM ---
What model Yggdrasil do you have?

--- End quote ---
The original... not the + .  It is out on loan because it isn't my kind of thing and it deserves to be used.  It is a very good DAC.

I also have a Soekris 1021 R2R kit that I haven't had time to finish due to everything going on here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version