Author Topic: Arion HS 500 Updates  (Read 5318 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Arion HS 500 Updates
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:58 AM »
    We are now offering the latest mods to this wonderful amp. Duelund Cast Cap for output, Cardas speaker binding posts Cardas RCA input and revised ground wiring all add up to on great sounding amp. Price to be announced. Save your pennies.
   We are offering our Demo unit which is mint for $3550 a pair list is $ 6000.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
Re: Arion HS 500 Updates
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:44:22 AM »
SOLD, thank you.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:18:50 AM »
  We are very excited about the and sonics of the Duelund CAST output caps.
   Sporting 1000W/4ohm and 500W/8ohm. These will drive your panel speakers with a plumbob.
   If you own Maggies, Apogees, Martin Logan, GTAudio Works, Soundlabs these amps will surprise you. Solid down to 2/ohms. For the Apogees we recco a different 6H30 tube [ Sovtek or EH ] as their character is on the warm side. For Maggies the NOS reflector 6H30DR is a match made in Heaven.
   Just not for panel speakers the Lenehans love em as well.
   Class "D" has come a long way and we believe the Arions are an advancement in class "D".
   Offering  free in home demo in the NY tri-state area.

charles

Offline bhobba

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »
We are very excited about the and sonics of the Duelund CAST output caps.

They simply blow the internal capacitors away and are big step up from even Duelund VSF Copper.

I have them being put in my new HSW 500's and a few guys out my way have them in theirs as well - its almost to the point where once you hear them you cant go back - it is that profound.

Thanks
Bill

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 06:40:15 AM »
   Bill good to hear from down under. Yes they are game changers. The stock cap [ Cardas ] is no slouch however in direct comparison no contest.
     Do you have the wiring harness update ?? If not have Mike order the new harness and install it for ya. A major improvement in the noise floor. Ya just hear more and the bass picked up more slam. Well worth the inexpensive upgrade. We charge $200 US.
     Looking into having a custom trannie made to replace the analog board power supply. Just to see if an improvement is to had over the stock trannie.

charles

Offline bhobba

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:31 PM »
Do you have the wiring harness update ?? If not have Mike order the new harness and install it for ya. A major improvement in the noise floor. Ya just hear more and the bass picked up more slam. Well worth the inexpensive upgrade. We charge $200 US.

Hi Charles

Didn't know that - thanks for the update and skinny.

Will contact Mike to get it in, or maybe Mike K (that's the Arion Mike) can install them before he ships them - as you know Mike K is moving and that has delayed him shipping my HS-500's.  The pair I had before with the Duelund VSF Copper my mate in Canberra snapped them up immediately he heard them.  I took them around to a vintage gear GTG while I was in Canberra and they impressed even in that company.  A heavily upgraded Leak valve amp was the amp of the GTG but everyone, and all except me were valve aficionados, thought it was the best SS they had ever heard.

Because I was so impressed with one I heard I got an Arion 250W in as well and I think it even may do the Mac 501's Mike Lenehan normally uses as his reference amp - the HS-500 even non upgraded best's the Mac's - upgraded - no contest - but I suspect the smaller 250W job may do it as well.  If so what fantastic value - Mike K will be on a real winner. It evidently will be arriving soon and I can report on how it goes at a GTG arranged at Mike L's place to check my and another guys newly finished speakers.

There will also be an amp GTG in about August-September and both the HS-500 and 250W will be there - really interesting to see what happens there.

Thanks
Bill 

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »

Hi Charles

Didn't know that - thanks for the update and skinny.

Will contact Mike to get it in, or maybe Mike K (that's the Arion Mike) can install them before he ships them - as you know Mike K is moving and that has delayed him shipping my HS-500's.  The pair I had before with the Duelund VSF Copper my mate in Canberra snapped them up immediately he heard them.  I took them around to a vintage gear GTG while I was in Canberra and they impressed even in that company.  A heavily upgraded Leak valve amp was the amp of the GTG but everyone, and all except me were valve aficionados, thought it was the best SS they had ever heard.

Because I was so impressed with one I heard I got an Arion 250W in as well and I think it even may do the Mac 501's Mike Lenehan normally uses as his reference amp - the HS-500 even non upgraded best's the Mac's - upgraded - no contest - but I suspect the smaller 250W job may do it as well.  If so what fantastic value - Mike K will be on a real winner. It evidently will be arriving soon and I can report on how it goes at a GTG arranged at Mike L's place to check my and another guys newly finished speakers.

There will also be an amp GTG in about August-September and both the HS-500 and 250W will be there - really interesting to see what happens there.

Thanks
Bill  

See pm