Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 3221 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Tinnitus
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:04:28 AM »
I don't have tinnitus, but several members have been talking about it lately, so it deserves it's own thread.

Here is an article about tinnitus which might be of help to somebody.

http://dremilykane.com/2002/05/10/top-five-remedies-for-tinnitus/

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Re: Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
Speak to Jack - aka TOOMANYTOYS - about tinnitus.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline TooManyToys

• Seeking Help
  • Jersey Shore (Not Seaside!)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 07:13:04 PM »
Listening to a wonderful 6kHz tone in the left ear right now.  Have had it for about 4 years.  Usually OK in the morning and sometimes during the day.  But today I was using my diesel tractor and it doesn't matter if my ears are naked  :roll:, using ear plugs for full headset hearing protection, if I'm operating the diesel tractor I will have a nice ~80db tone at night.
If it's too loud, you're too middle aged.

Ecramer

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 06:18:31 AM »
Listening to a wonderful 6kHz tone in the left ear right now.  Have had it for about 4 years.  Usually OK in the morning and sometimes during the day.  But today I was using my diesel tractor and it doesn't matter if my ears are naked  :roll:, using ear plugs for full headset hearing protection, if I'm operating the diesel tractor I will have a nice ~80db tone at night.

you should try over the ear head set with iem's playing music to break up the drone from the tractor

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:40:21 PM »
I have a different octave for each ear. My tinnitus effects mid range and hasn't changed LF or HF to any degree. Do to where the loss is I can hear air leaks pretty well. In my trade I need to check air filled pipe for leaks and can point them out before a couple of the field crew hear them. I probably need to put a KHz on the ring but have had it all my life so it doesn't bother me like it does most.
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.