Author Topic: Audio Envy cables  (Read 16543 times)

Offline Maxima95

• Seeking Help
Re: Audio Envy cables
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 12:56:42 PM »
How do you like the SP-7 speaker cables? 

Is the power cable still performing well?

Thanks.

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
We left town the morning after I got the SP-7's and I let them run 24/7 while we were gone for 8 days.  At the same time I was breaking in a new pair of Reynaud speakers I had picked up from Bob Neill.  I have only been listening to them for less than a week so don't really have a fully formed opinion yet. Initial impression has that they are full in the lower registers and mid's while the top end is still coming around.  To my ears they are slightly on the warm side of neutral at this point.

As to the power cable it is doing it's job nicely and hasn't given me a reason to call Pete about a longer 7+. Very nice power cables at a fair price.  I have only tried it between the Equi=Core 1800 and the wall as it's much too long to use on the other gear in the rack plus they are all fine with their TWL cables. 
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline Maxima95

• Seeking Help
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 09:55:59 AM »
Thank you Jack.

Offline Maxima95

• Seeking Help
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Jack - Have the SP-7s run in satisfactorily?   How are they sounding to you?  Thanks

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 06:09:56 PM »
They now have slightly over 300 hours on them and have really settled in nicely.  Slightly on the warmer side of neutral to my ears still but that is in my set-up and could be different in others.  A lot of similarities to a pair of OCC copper cables I also own from Audio Sensibility.  Like the AS cables kind of dead and lifeless right out of the box but at about 100 hours the top end filled in and will probably still get better over time.  And as always the Captain was easy to work with. His cables are easy to recommend.
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline BendBound

Audio Envy cables
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
This thread has not been posted to for better than 120 days. But instead of starting a new thread, I decided to post here anyway since its about Audio Envy interconnects.

See this review I posted on the Steve Hoffman Forum about Audio Envy 5th generation ICs. See that here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/audio-envy-prestige-interconnect-cables.872519/#post-21948066.

At this point, I also use AE IC (6th generation) and speaker cables in most places in my system. I'm quite happy with them.

If any of you have a question. I look at this thread from time to time and if I can, I'll work to answer them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:01:15 PM by BendBound »

Offline Folsom

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 12:52:30 PM »
How do you like the RCA ends?

Offline BendBound

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 01:00:05 PM »
Yes, tight fitting. I had not seen anything like them prior. But they are brushed metal of some kind, aluminum (?), and hard plastic. See the second image for a reasonable photo in the review I wrote.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:34:43 PM by BendBound »

Offline Folsom

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 10:40:45 PM »
I like how they appear other than the aluminum. It's cool but hard to isolate from if you're trying to keep the actual connected part low mass.

Offline Guy 13

• Audio should be simple !
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »
Hi all.
I like the way they are built.
Unfortunately, for now, I am not in the market for ICs or speaker cables,
because all my audio stuff is in boxes waiting for the trip around the world.
Maybe later.

Guy 13
Grace Digital Mondo RIT
Cambridge Mini sub 2.1
Schiit Fulla 2 DAC
Schiit SYS PCC
Sony Passive Bookshelf speakers
Lot more stuff on storage
prior to moving back to Canada.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2019, 06:25:29 AM »
Yes, tight fitting. I had not seen anything like them prior. But they are brushed metal of some kind, aluminum (?), and hard plastic. See the second image for a reasonable photo in the review I wrote.

They are Eichman connectors. Eichmans require 250 hours to sound their best. Eichman says 175 hours but we found 250+.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 10:22:13 AM »
A few weeks ago -- out of curiosity, more than anything else -- I bought a set of his Studio-Prestige IC.  Cheap enough with return privileges, so nothing to lose.  I am quite impressed to the point that I wrote a review on his website.  And I'm definitely not a review writing kind of guy!  Great performance for the buck, and beyond.    :thumb:

http://audioenvy.com/product/home-car-pro-interconnects/nv-4s-pr-rca/#reviews

Very impressed by the Studio-Prestige IC. It transformed the sound of my vinyl rig (Townshend Rock 3 / OL Onyx / Cartridge Man Music Maker 3) when placed after my Blue Circle phono stage. Bloom, warmth and an organic quality with no loss of detail or softening of transients. Opened up the stage. Natural, sophisticated and refined, really pulls you into the music for long listening sessions. Isn’t this what we want from our vinyl rigs?! Thanks Captain, for making available a great product at sane prices. Highly recommended!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:24:07 AM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline BendBound

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »
Folsom, You wrote, "...but hard to isolate from if you're trying to keep the actual connected part low mass."

These terminals are light-weight. In fact, the entire IC is light compared to some I have used.

Offline Maxima95

• Seeking Help
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 07:52:26 AM »

They are Eichman connectors. Eichmans require 250 hours to sound their best. Eichman says 175 hours but we found 250+.

charles

They aren't Eichmann connectors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Plated-Tellurium-Copper-RCA-Connectors-Aeco-ARP-4045-Set-Of-4-/112456227814.

Not sure who makes them; doesn't matter to me.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2019, 09:28:41 AM »

charles

They aren't Eichmann connectors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Plated-Tellurium-Copper-RCA-Connectors-Aeco-ARP-4045-Set-Of-4-/112456227814.

Not sure who makes them; doesn't matter to me.

I could have sworn they were Eichman. As you said does not matter. What matters is end result as in sound.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.