Author Topic: Best 'The Who' albums  (Read 12471 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Best 'The Who' albums
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »
The Live at Leeds (Deluxe Edition) (Live) I was referring to was not an Essentials nor was it MCA but by BMG. As I have not heard any Deluxe Editions by MCA, I cannot compare sound quality but compared to the 1970 CD I have of Live at Leeds fro MCA the BMG issue significantly better in sound quality and content.

1970 CD?  You mean an early release of a CD that was of the original vinyl release? 

I spent a lot of time way back listening to Live at Leeds so I'd love to hear a far better release of that music.  Need to track that down... Thanks!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 07:49:57 AM »
I'm still looking for the "Magic Bus" . You ca fool with the other reissues but you havn't danced until its from "Classic Records". www.classicrecords.com  :duh

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

westcoastman

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 06:53:57 AM »
"1970 CD?  You mean an early release of a CD that was of the original vinyl release?"

Sorry for the confusion.  that should have been 1980's CD and it does sound like the it was just a transfer from from a used vinyl as that is what my original LP sounded like. :duh

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 07:13:50 AM »
I've got the original "Live at Leeds" manilla folder version. Yup, it was actually a manilla folder stuffed with flyers from the concert along with the record. I even think I picket it up as a punch-out. I've never seen this packaging anywhere else.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »
that should have been 1980's CD and it does sound like the it was just a transfer from from a used vinyl as that is what my original LP sounded like.  :duh

You say that like it is a bad thing. In my experience most 1970s LPs sounded better than the early CD releases of the 1980s.   :roll:

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables