Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 3026904 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: What are you listening to right now?
« Reply #3045 on: May 15, 2011, 11:25:25 PM »
OK, now something to chill out with before bed.

Beethonven: Violin Sonatas - Henryk Szeryng/Arthur Rubinstein

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

eleazar

« Reply #3046 on: May 16, 2011, 03:53:30 AM »

Really busy day today, so I am just catching up with my posting for the weekend. Inbetween taking care of my wife, since we have no home health aid on Sundays, I spent most of the day in the basement  building a storage rack for LPs. Even thought I was working on the unfinished side of the basement the TT was running all day pupming in tunes from the mancave.

How about some pics of your new lp rack Tom.........Bill

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #3047 on: May 16, 2011, 05:29:55 AM »
Really busy day today, so I am just catching up with my posting for the weekend. Inbetween taking care of my wife, since we have no home health aid on Sundays, I spent most of the day in the basement  building a storage rack for LPs. Even thought I was working on the unfinished side of the basement the TT was running all day pupming in tunes from the mancave.

Hmmmnnn, what is wrong with this picture...  I can hardly shuffle past my turntable without the tonearm dancing across my records  :evil: (and I'll have you know that it's better than it was) meanwhile, Tom is hammering away at building a new record rack and he listens to vinyl all day long without a hitch! :roll:

The recent floor bracing helped, but hasn't completely solved the problem.  I am waiting on some new sorbothane isolation thingys to try next. 

If that doesn't work, maybe I'll pull one of the vents off the side of the foundation of my crawlspace and have a cement mixer pour 40 yards of concrete under my damned listening room floor!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #3048 on: May 16, 2011, 06:32:08 AM »
Tchaikovsky, Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture, Francesca da Rimini: Giulini,
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #3049 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:53 AM »
Beethoven Symphony No. 3 'Eroica' [Limited Edition, Original recording remastered]
Ludwig van Beethoven (Composer), Otto Klemperer (Conductor), Philharmonia Orchestra (Orchestra) | Format: vinyl

Another Angel pressing for $1!
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline tmazz

« Reply #3050 on: May 16, 2011, 11:53:03 AM »

In the works. Unfortunately with all of the rest of the termoil in the house right now there is a bunch of stuff temporarily pile in-between the rack and where I would need to stand to take a picture of it. As soon as that it out of the way I will snap and post a pic.

The rack itself is located on the unfinished side of the basement and rather industrial looking, but it does the job. The dimensions are not what I normally would have planned if I was starting from scratch, but this project was done entirely using recycled lumber from other cabinets that were built to store craft supplies that my wife can no longer use due to her loss of dexterity. I was able to put this rack together using just that wood, as it was, without having to cut anything. For example the record shelves are 14 1/2" high which is a bit taller than I would have made them, but all the supports were already cut for that height, so I just went with it for speed and simplicity's sake (I no longer have a table saw so cutting down the support would have meant going to a friends house to use his saw and all of the BSing and hanging out that would have resulted from that trip.  :roll:)  
The rack itself turned out to be 50" wide and has 4 shelves to LPs and one shorter shelf that I am using to store books and audio magazines. So it is not exactly as I would have wanted it, but it's done and there is an advantage to that.  8)

Tom

PS - Love the new avatar. :thumb:

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline tmazz

« Reply #3051 on: May 16, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
Hmmmnnn, what is wrong with this picture...  I can hardly shuffle past my turntable without the tonearm dancing across my records  :evil: (and I'll have you know that it's better than it was) meanwhile, Tom is hammering away at building a new record rack and he listens to vinyl all day long without a hitch! :roll:

The recent floor bracing helped, but hasn't completely solved the problem.  I am waiting on some new sorbothane isolation thingys to try next. 

If that doesn't work, maybe I'll pull one of the vents off the side of the foundation of my crawlspace and have a cement mixer pour 40 yards of concrete under my damned listening room floor!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah, the joy of working with a cement floor. 

And BTW, if my memory and estimates of the dimensions of your room are correct it will take closer to 50 yards of cement. (As Bobby would say -"Damn engineers."  :rofl:)

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #3052 on: May 16, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
...As Bobby would say -"Damn engineers."  :rofl:

+1 to Bobby!  :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

eleazar

« Reply #3053 on: May 16, 2011, 01:17:34 PM »

In the works. Unfortunately with all of the rest of the termoil in the house right now there is a bunch of stuff temporarily pile in-between the rack and where I would need to stand to take a picture of it. As soon as that it out of the way I will snap and post a pic.

The rack itself is located on the unfinished side of the basement and rather industrial looking, but it does the job. The dimensions are not what I normally would have planned if I was starting from scratch, but this project was done entirely using recycled lumber from other cabinets that were built to store craft supplies that my wife can no longer use due to her loss of dexterity. I was able to put this rack together using just that wood, as it was, without having to cut anything. For example the record shelves are 14 1/2" high which is a bit taller than I would have made them, but all the supports were already cut for that height, so I just went with it for speed and simplicity's sake (I no longer have a table saw so cutting down the support would have meant going to a friends house to use his saw and all of the BSing and hanging out that would have resulted from that trip.  :roll:)  
The rack itself turned out to be 50" wide and has 4 shelves to LPs and one shorter shelf that I am using to store books and audio magazines. So it is not exactly as I would have wanted it, but it's done and there is an advantage to that.  8)

Tom

PS - Love the new avatar. :thumb:

Tom the best rack is the one you don't have to put out extra cash for   :rofl: As long as it does the job that's all that matters. Nice run on MFSL LP's

eleazar

« Reply #3054 on: May 16, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
Chris Youlden ~ A British Blues Legend

Promo LP

jsaliga

« Reply #3055 on: May 16, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »

--Jerome

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #3056 on: May 16, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »
Wow Jerome, when you come out for rock, you come out strong. I told the story on AC that the highest I ever got was Freshman year of college listening to this album.  ;)

--Jerome

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #3057 on: May 16, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
War
U2 | Format: Vinyl

jsaliga

« Reply #3058 on: May 16, 2011, 04:49:31 PM »
Wow Jerome, when you come out for rock, you come out strong.

I'm just gettin' warmed up.  8)

I told the story on AC that the highest I ever got was Freshman year of college listening to this album.  ;)

Me too.  I came down about two weeks ago.  :rofl:

--Jerome

jsaliga

« Reply #3059 on: May 16, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »

--Jerome