Author Topic: Taipei International Audio Show 2022  (Read 5452 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Taipei International Audio Show 2022
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2022, 08:35:59 PM »
Notes and commentary to be added soon.
Mike, what did you think about the Kaweros?  Being built out of panzerholtz ought to yield a non-resonant enclosure and the drive units are top notch...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mresseguie

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2022, 09:44:57 PM »
Dave,

Fortunately, I listened to the Kaweros before I heard the DD 67000 Corrected: JBL 4344 mkII speakers, so I was able to appreciate them fully.  :thumb: They're excellent sounding speakers. This is the first time I'd heard them myself. Heck, I didn't know they existed till yesterday. I was impressed enough to ask questions, snap more than one photo, and made sure that I knew who the manufacturer was for future research and discovery.

Apparently, this is the first model to be imported into Taiwan, and this is the first time they've been shown at an audio show here. The guy told me the price, but I didn't write it down. I do recall they are quite expensive. They're definitely worth seeking out for a listen IMHO.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 12:37:59 AM by mresseguie »
Daedalus Audio Apollos; Fritz Loudspeakers LS/5-R
SW1X NOS DAC III BAL/SPL; Holo Spring3 KTE
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
Don Sachs dual mono 300b; Nuprime Evolution STA
Hapa loom
PI Audio UberBUSS, DigiBUSS, Uber-MiniBUS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2022, 11:35:16 PM »
Dave,

Fortunately, I listened to the Kaweros before I heard the DD 67000, so I was able to appreciate them fully.  :thumb: They're excellent sounding speakers. This is the first time I'd heard them myself. Heck, I didn't know they existed till yesterday. I was impressed enough to ask questions, snap more than one photo, and made sure that I knew who the manufacturer was for future research and discovery.

Apparently, this is the first model to be imported into Taiwan, and this is the first time they've been shown at an audio show here. The guy told me the price, but I didn't write it down. I do recall they are quite expensive. They're definitely worth seeking out for a listen IMHO.
I have analyzed them as much as possible without hearing them.  They absolutely have and seem to be everything necessary to be exceptional.  I would love to hear a pair.  Fortunately, for me, they are way too insensitive to work in my sensitive world.  Nothing less than 95dB/1W/1m need apply. I seek sense of scale of music over detail out the ass. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 11:37:19 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2022, 10:04:08 AM »
Great pics, Michael :thumb:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables