Author Topic: Live Concert in your listening room.  (Read 6926 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Live Concert in your listening room.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 07:26:08 AM »
Carlman,
Harry Pearson of the Absolute sound is one example. He likes to sit in the 6th row at Carnegie Hall. He uses this experience to evaluate his system.............................Maybe Banape can shed some light as to why this occurs. Well, anyway the live performance will always be my reference to great reproduction of the live event. A live acoustic event is it for me. Sorry to disagree. Just my opinion.
First, disagree all you want... that's cool... I tried to be careful in what I said... So, I personally still haven't met anyone that is trying to reproduce an exact replica of a live performance in their room.  From the sound of it, Harry is trying to reproduce the sound of 1 particular place (and maybe one type of music?) with his room.  Neat idea.  I guess it's feasible to do that... Unfortunately, I like too wide a variety of music recorded in a wider variety of recording styles and methods... So, it'd be pointless for me to try and do that.  I would imagine the same holds true for many audiophiles that like a variety of music recorded in a variety of ways.  The variables of recording techniques are staggering and the techniques used to record have nothing to do with recreating a live experience.  So, that's why I'm happy with my '2nd generation original'.

-C

Cool. Just saying the tonality and harmonic structure of real acoustic instruments in a real space is what I am looking to recreate. I may be chasing the impossible , but its fun. Your opinoin is valid and well taken.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 12:37:59 PM »
Hi Rollo,

If you want a great recording involving clarinet, Pete Fountain's "New Orleans" is pretty impressive for realism.
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 06:17:25 AM »
Thanks Steve. That Boy can play.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.