Author Topic: JPS Ultra Digital cable.  (Read 2968 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
JPS Ultra Digital cable.
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:12:23 AM »
  A long while back I bought this cable from Shane. It has been sitting around looking nice in it's box.
   Well hooked it up to the Sony CDP to Promithius DAC. At first very disappointing. Dull, closed in and rolled off.
    Oh well break it in stupid. After 200 hours. A different animal. Explosive, clear, tonally correct with bass that will knock you down. Thanks Shane !!!
     So impressed it is time to rethink my cable options. I made a big mistake selling my SC-3 IC's right Richidoo.
      The Gronenbergs are very good, Dave C's ICs used with the JPS was a big surprise as well but no JPS. Actually Dave's cables are open, detailed however the soundstage has yet to match the others. I think they need some more time to open up.
      Pete's speaker cables are in as well. Very neutral affairs. The JPS digital cable just brought the whole party to the show. This week we are going to try some JPS SC-3 ICs and speaker cable just to see if there are any advantages of either over the other.
     Even at accommodation price it is a stretch for JPS cables. However you get what you pay for. Petes speaker cables are so good that there is probably I can save some green. We shall see.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

DaveC

Re: JPS Ultra Digital cable.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
Hi Charles,

If you are going to compare my cables to JPS, please let me  send you the D2 and/or DD ICs. The D1s you have are meant to be a great value, but the D2 and DD ICs are really in another league and would be a much more fair comparison.

I agree with your impression of the soundstage of the D1s to a degree, but that is a part of the characteristics of the cable and UPOCC conductors in general. I do not think more break in will change this. The D2 and DD do not make compromises and use connectors that cost 4x as much and ground wire that costs 15x as much as the D1s, the soundstage is more open in these cables. I made a much longer comment/explanation about it in the thread you started about my ICs...

Overall, I think you did a great job describing the characteristics of my D1 IC cable and it is clear you were very thorough and  took your time with them, I appreciate that.  :thumb:

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: JPS Ultra Digital cable.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »
You should hear the new Wireworld platinum 7's :thumb:
off the charts amazing! but expensive!!

Dave if you could come close to this level you will be a very very busy person

closest thing to perfect I have heard so far
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.