Author Topic: about breaking in my Antelope Zodiac dac  (Read 32495 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: about breaking in my Antelope Zodiac dac
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
A good day listening yesterday. Werd has good taste in cables. At this point, it would help to make these decisions with the benefit of a power conditioner, so I've just sent an email to Dave at PI
Nick

I do  :D. That cable has just the right sparkle with out sounding to for ward or lean for SPDIF.  :thumb:. Its my favorite.

Yes, it sparkles and in such a natural, engaging way. I am hearing more information, especially in the lower regions. I don't know if it's because the Mavros has better shielding or it's the combination of good materials and how they're configured. The Audio Sensibility Statement cable is also quite good. What a nice problem to have.

I will qualify the above by saying I was out of town for 10 days and haven't heard my AS cable for nearly 3 weeks. The main problem with the Mavros is it costs nearly three times as much as the AS.

Werd, I'll be in touch by this weekend.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 12:39:11 PM »
Glad you are enjoying it.  :thumb: No rush to get it back. Take your time with it.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
Werd,
Could you describe the rest of your cables? What you have tried etc
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
I just wrote a  lengthy post and I lost it on this shit Samsung tablet. 

I will do it again later on my laptop

:duh
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2016, 05:30:14 PM »
As things are a bit slow on AN right now, I wanted to provide an update on my system.

1)  I bought an Auralic Aries Mini and also an external linear power supply. The ps is from Mojo Audio
2)  I am basically done with any more cable auditions. I have a friend, Gary, in the LVAS (Las Vegas Audio Society)   Gary is a musician and master tweaker. He also builds great sounding power cords, digital cables and IC's. He uses unusual gauge wires.

The detail is excellent. The midrange and bass are much improved. There is warmth now, not the lean and etched sound that I've become so accustomed to over the years. Yet it is not euphonic. It's been a very, very slow process to get to this point. The cabling brings out the best from the Antelope dac and McCormack amp. Gary was kind enough to bring all his cables to me and that clinched it.

I'm trying Bliss as a tagger right now. The only thing left then is to finish my vinyl upgrade. When I have more $$ I'll be looking at phono stages and cartridges.

JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2016, 03:52:23 PM »
  Cool Nick. You found synergy, good. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.