Author Topic: Proud (quasi) Papa  (Read 2818 times)

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Proud (quasi) Papa
« on: April 01, 2010, 07:10:19 AM »
My daughter's friend Ashton was just accepted into the Berklee College of Music in Boston. 

Ashton was a bright kid and a semi-under achiever.  He had a difficult home situation and his grades and attitude reflected it.  In order to advance to high school, he had to take algebra in summer school.  If he didn't pass, he'd have to repeat the eighth grade.  I took him under my wing and made sure that he did all of the required work and gave him a success tips (such as start out like gang busters and get the rep as the "smart kid," you can skate on your rep later).  It didn't hurt that I knew his teacher and she's le me know if she thought he was slacking off.  Ashton aced the summer school and never looked back.

He is a talented musician and went on to be the drum major in his high school marching band.

He had already been accepted at NC A&T in Greensboro with a full-free ride, but when Berklee called, he decided that his heart and mind were in Boston and music.

Our family is so proud of him; so is his.

Great job, Ashton! 

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Proud (quasi) Papa
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:22:14 AM »
Congrats.  Always nice to hear stories like that.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »
Berklee is a great place for a young musician. Every opportunity in the entire music business is available there. Congrats Allen and Ashton.

evan1

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 01:26:53 PM »
Great school, my nephew graduated from there last year.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 07:19:46 AM »
All the best.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.