Author Topic: B&W Team Up with Peter Gabriel to Deliver Lossless Tunes  (Read 2755 times)

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
B&W Team Up with Peter Gabriel to Deliver Lossless Tunes
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
Gabriel's Real World Studios is known for impeccable recordings of intriguing and exotic popular music.  Any of you that listened to Gabriel's "Growing Up" in Carl's basement got a taste of what his recordings offer.

B&W (I own a pair of B&W 802f Specials- vintage 1984 - and you couldn't pry them from me) has a program in which high quality downloads of Real World Recordings are available.  The membership runs $59.95 (five bucks a month) and offers: Lossless downloads at least once each month, access to the previous six months releases, bonus downloads and other cool stuff.  You have a choice of the file type either 16-bit ALAC, FLAC or 24-bit FLAC.  You can burn it to CD or leave it on your harddrive.

They also offer a free trial, with individual cuts.  You can also listen to samples.  Very groovy, err, digital?
Interested?

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=3550

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: B&W Team Up with Peter Gabriel to Deliver Lossless Tunes
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 06:15:13 PM »
Very spooky since I just posted similar here:

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=1512.msg14532

I tried their free downloads a few months ago, liked them, but then got busy and never really followed up.  When I saw that they now provide access to part of their back catalog, I thought it was time to pop and I'm glad I did... Great music!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: B&W Team Up with Peter Gabriel to Deliver Lossless Tunes
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:23:27 AM »
Good info thanks man.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.