Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

Listening Room construction

(1/3) > >>

mgalusha:
Well, it's been a long time in coming but it ends today.  :D

The carpet guys are installing the carpet at this moment and I'm hoping to start moving my gear in later today. Oh yea, I can't wait.

Started planning in July, construction started in mid December and was completed about 10 days ago. My wife did almost all the painting and now the carpet dudes are hard at work.

I'll snap a few more photos once they are done.

This started as a 21' x 21'x square with most of the ceiling being 9'. I put in a partition wall where the support beam was as this is where the lower ceiling began and it also worked out to pretty good dimensions for the sound. Now it's a little over 20' x 14' and about 8'4" high with a 5'6" entrance hall, which I'll use for storage as well.

2 x 20A dedicated circuits. All other outlets on 15A circuit. Lights on separate 15A circuit. 20A outlets are 4 plex. Also pulled 2 sets of phone, ethernet and 2 RG-6 cables, so I have plenty of connectivity.

Gallery photos: http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=32;u=4

bpape:
Congrats Mike.

Looks like you'll be having all kinds of fun this weekend.  It'll be nice to have a place of your own again.

Bryan

mgalusha:
Thanks Bryan, I appreciate all the help and advice. I incorporated as much as I could. :)

bpape:
Glad to help.  The proof is in the pudding as they say.  Will be looking forward to hearing back from you when you emerge from the cave Sunday evening!

Bryan

Carlman:
Congratulations!!!! :) :) :)

Man o man I can't wait to be where you are, Mike... Thanks for sharing... looking forward to the final photos...

I know you must be pretty antsy to get in there... Have fun and keep us posted when you get a chance... I'd love to learn from any mistakes. ;)

One thing I'm struggling with now is the HVAC... and isolating the HVAC system from the floor above it, at least somewhat, anyway... I didn't see any vents in your room... what are you doing for air?

-C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version