Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

Squeezebox Inguz Plugin

(1/3) > >>

miklorsmith:
Rock on!

Yeah, that Inguz EQ is smokin' cool.  I put up a thread on Slimdevices and got NO support.  The thread's gone again.

Wanna start another, Rich?  We can get it some mo and maybe SD will step up.  They don't realize how great such a thing would be as a native feature.  We'd get them to build a full parametric!  6 bands should be plenty.   :D

richidoo:
Yeah, it is cool. Link me to a thread and I will pile on like a bulldog. Probably some of the "not invented here" attitude involved. Maybe they would have to pay the author if they made it native, since slimserver is free but has no other purpose than to power their hardware products sold for profit - might violate GNU license to roll it into slimserver.

I wish I had a laptop to scan the rooms for correction. It is such a pain to haul the Dell tower and 17 CRT monitor around just to scan a room. Extreme motivation is required.

miklorsmith:

--- Quote from: richidoo on September 26, 2007, 04:21:47 PM ---I wish I had a laptop to scan the rooms for correction. It is such a pain to haul the Dell tower and 17 CRT monitor around just to scan a room. Extreme motivation is required.
--- End quote ---
    Ha Ha!  Good one.

My thought was to have SD write their own - no knock on Hugh as his primary solution is light years beyond the simple EQ.  In my room, that's all I need though.

I'll start another thread.  I can't believe how short of a time the other one lasted - seriously only a couple of weeks and it was past their 3-page limit.

I'll let you know when I get it up there Rich.  People just don't seem to understand it's like the . . . best . . . thing . . . ever.

bpape:
The other thing with that plugin is that it is much more of a memory and CPU hog than the native SlimServer is.  You can run SlimServer with pretty much any old thing.  I have SlimServer running on an old Sony VAIO that works wonderfully as long as I don't run the plugin.  With it, it's a stuttering mess.  Granted the old machine is only 1.8GHz and only 512 Meg RAM but still...  I've heard a lot of other people say that with the plugin, they have a lot of issues on older CPUs and systems. 

I've just this afternoon finished building my new music server which should have plenty of horsepower to do the job so I'll be trying it out. 

New System:

AMD 2350BE 64 bit dual core (low power usage version of the 4000 x2)
2 Gig Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-12 800 MHz RAM
4 x 500 Gig Hard Disks in a RAID 5 array (1.4 TB formatted)
Heatpipe motherboard (no fans for north and south bridge)
Fanless HIS video board

If I have ANY issues running the plugin on that system, then there's a problem.  It wouldn't surprise me to have issues with an older machine.  Buffering and real-time modification of a continuous stream of data like that (especially one that is already FLAC encoded) takes some hardware.

Bryan

miklorsmith:
Was that with room correction enabled, or just the parametric?  I think the parametric is MUCH easier on compupower.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version